40 42.55%
  • Once or twice

46 48.94%
  • Many times

8 8.51%
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Boundary

Boundary

Have you ever while out managing deer had a deer run over a boundary or on to ground that you do not have permission after you have shot it.?
    Last edited by 6pointer; 18-10-2012 at 11:03.

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by 6pointer View Post
    Have you ever while out managing deer had a deer run over a boundary or on to ground that you do not have permission after you have shot it.?
    Yes! ... Of course.

But only in Scotland... per permission granted by Section 25 Deer (Scotland) Act 1996

So your question is sort of a non-question.

not yet but last sunday i shot a buck that was on my side of the boundry and between the buck was a stream which was very deep . i knew taking the buck it had a big chance of jumping the fence onto the farm ground i dont have permission but took the chance anyway and has luck was on my side not only did it stay on my ground but jumped the stream as well running towards me ,what a bonus, if it had gone the other way i would leave rifle in the van and walk down to the farm and have a word . atb wayne

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

i have tracked deer that have gone over the boundery, but have always had permission, or if on a movement day will seek permission before the day starts if possible.

The size and makeup of your permission must play heavily into this.

Had this happen many times, but one of the first things I do is to speak to neighbours and set some ground rules should this occur. It has often ended up with me adding the next farm to my existing one!
    MS

Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)
    6p your phishing. It's a very leading question which precedes the poll that goes along the lines of " Do you retrieve deer shot on your land but died on someone elses?".
    You may as well ask if anyone has ever shot a deer over their boundary which has then run onto their permission and died.
    I don't think your poll is going to go far.

Teyhan you are readng in to somthing that is not there. This is a poll and i never asked if you had asked for permission to get it or if you left it or what action you took. Its simple have you ever shot a deer that has run over a boundary on to some one elses ground. END OF YOU DONT EVEN NEED TO POST AFTERWARDS SO NO ONE KNOWS WHO THE POSTER IS!!
    Last edited by 6pointer; 19-10-2012 at 08:15.

Hmmm,

Has someone been caught picking up a deer that has run on to ground where the stalker doesn't have permission, and is now trying to get evidence that deer do run on after being shot.
    or is it just me being synical

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    Hmmm,

Has someone been caught picking up a deer that has run on to ground where the stalker doesn't have permission, and is now trying to get evidence that deer do run on after being shot.
    or is it just me being synical
    Hmmm

The Deer (Scotland) Act 1996 specifically gives the required permission.... Here in Scotland, at any rate.