Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 260 Rem

260 Rem

I am considering getting a new rifle made in 260 rem, as i have heared a lot of good reports about them. Anybody have one? and what do they shoot like?

Cheers Von

I think JCS has/had one for a while and has quite a bit of experience with them.

Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    I think JCS has/had one for a while and has quite a bit of experience with them.
    Thanks PKL I have already PM'D john on calibre feedback

Cheers Von

Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    I do indeed, however it's off getting a new barrel at the minute. When it's back, if Von's still investigating, he's welcome to have a shot with it. Regards JCS

I have deer hunted Texas for over 50yrs. All my 'Brit' hunting has been on line. Our smallest native whitetail deer probably weighs about as much as a large Roe buck. Our largest native WT is about the size of a Fallow. We have lots of 'exotic' deer (fallow, both sikas, Axis), sheep and goats crossed with wild ones. Most are 80-300lbs. Red deer, my favorite, are becoming quite common. I have some experience with a 6.5x55. That said, if I were buying a new rifle it would be a remington 700 CDL in 260. capt david. I start out with 130gn Accubonds. capt david

No different than any other caliber at stalking ranges,you see the benefit on the windage at 1000yds,that's a ladies caliber anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    I am considering getting a new rifle made in 260 rem, as i have heared a lot of good reports about them. Anybody have one? and what do they shoot like?

Cheers Von

Nice caliber choice, but then I probably would say that about my own rifle, you are more than welcome to pop round to see or have a shot.

George.

Cracking round is the 260 rem iv had mine for four years its on a sako action i use it for fox and deer to be honest i would have any other rifle now it shoots hole in hole groups

good choice to make

adrian

Thanks for the feedback guys, great help iv'e got 40 rounds to put through my 308 and its off to border barrels for sex change