Thread: Help 4 Heroes

Help 4 Heroes

Bit of an emotive subject...Made my regular contribution today, safe In the knowledge that all Is being spent wisely and as usual i came away from the bank thinking to myself...Why should we have to rely on charities to help our Injured service personell?...All and every need should be covered by our glorious leaders...please tell me I am thinking wrongly...Ta

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    i think your spot on,

but. I do not support H4H anymore.

i now pay as much as i can when i can to the royal British legion as help for hero's does not support the lads that where serving before the current troubles,

not being mean, i just want to make sure the boys who where in before and after me get looked after,

bob
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Sparko .it is your cash you do with it as you please , if i had been you I'd have placed it into the Earl Haig or British legion or one of the charities that have been running since the 2 world war ,these charities are struggling since, the other regimental and other organisations have come to the fore ,cutting many of the lines of charity and good that has come from these charities .

Quote Originally Posted by bobjs View Post
    i think your spot on,

but. I do not support H4H anymore.

i now pay as much as i can when i can to the royal British legion as help for hero's does not support the lads that where serving before the current troubles,

not being mean, i just want to make sure the boys who where in before and after me get looked after,

bob
    And are the British Legion state funded?...I really need to find out more about these things

A close friend is in EOD. I haven't supported H4H since I found out they don't support once the solider has left service.

Please also see Look at Felix Fund.
    "If you can't see it, you can't shoot it"

Quote Originally Posted by howa243 View Post
    Hi sparko. Not sure if this is of any interest to you. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19112550
    Hmmm, Interesting read and thank you for that, It seems to have a relationship with the government allocating funds raised by the national lottery, specifically for `good causes`...I guess its always going to happen If there is a big pot of money available somewhere, there is are advisors ready to advise..Also I never really thought too much about the donations, I simply thought I could help a little by giving a little, i now have 4 charities that I give to regularly...Maybe time for a change...Cheers

I give mine to http://www.scottyslittlesoldiers.co.uk/index.html Lee Scott was a local lad shot and killed in afghan his wife set up the charity to help the fallen soldiers wife's and children......

The only thing with the RBL is the amount of marketing stuff I get off them. I'll give what I want to give and always support the Poppy Appeal generously, but the cost of the stuff they send must cut a big hole in the bit I contribute outside the Appeal
    Better barbarity than boredom

Quote Originally Posted by Hereford bull View Post
    The only thing with the RBL is the amount of marketing stuff I get off them. I'll give what I want to give and always support the Poppy Appeal generously, but the cost of the stuff they send must cut a big hole in the bit I contribute outside the Appeal
    This is exactly my thoughts with the RBL as well, I give a healthy donation every year but I wish they would stop sending the crap in the post.