Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ground Game

Ground Game

Well Michelle finally got her FAC off the Met today, not the fastest of services I must say. A couple of things I noticed on her FAC though are. The .17HMR is for use with vermin, fox and ground game?....anyone know the definition of ground game, never heard of that one. Also the .243 is restricted to be used only with a deer stalker, anyone heard of that one? I suppose it actually helps her as I said I would be her mentor but I am not named, nor does it stipulate the stalker should have an open FAC which I always thought was the norm? Also it doesnt state any length for this condition, has anyone else had such a condition applied?

Cheers

Pete

Rabbits and hares are classed as ground game especially if you are caught poaching !

HWH.

Thanks for that as I always thought rabbits were classed as vermin.

Rgds

Pete

Chickenman, are you what the police mean by 'a deer stalker'?

Sometimes they leave it fairly deliberately vague so if you want to buy stalking you don't have an issue with a named mentor. Mine read deer stalking while accompanied when I had the condition. Personally I'd just leave it as is but the question can be asked how long they want her to be accompanied, mine didn't accept DSC1 they also wanted a letter from someone to state I was safe while stalking. Bearing in mind I'd got no conditions on the same rifle for foxing and shot 100 plus foxes while the condition was in place it was pretty much nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by chickenman View Post
    Thanks for that as I always thought rabbits were classed as vermin.

Rgds

Pete

HI Pete

I think Rabbit can be classed as Vermin and game

anyway there are 4 classes used in the HO guidance vermin and ground game are in the small quarry section

tho interesting note is a phesant when on the ground ...ground game

Lucky its not dorset to wait for
    I rang to check a few things and due to the Olympics they are not on a 4-6mth to process applications

Quote Originally Posted by Dalua View Post
    Chickenman, are you what the police mean by 'a deer stalker'?
    I hope so as I'm shooting Sika in the morning if not I'm a poacher lol. On a serious note it was requested I be her mentor which I said yes too but wasn't named . That said it does help Michelle for as said she can now shoot with others

Quote Originally Posted by al4x1 View Post
    Sometimes they leave it fairly deliberately vague so if you want to buy stalking you don't have an issue with a named mentor. Mine read deer stalking while accompanied when I had the condition. Personally I'd just leave it as is but the question can be asked how long they want her to be accompanied, mine didn't accept DSC1 they also wanted a letter from someone to state I was safe while stalking. Bearing in mind I'd got no conditions on the same rifle for foxing and shot 100 plus foxes while the condition was in place it was pretty much nonsense.
    I think Chells FAC reads the same as it reads that she only needs to be mentored for deer and not fox

Quote Originally Posted by FGYT View Post
    HI Pete

I think Rabbit can be classed as Vermin and game

anyway there are 4 classes used in the HO guidance vermin and ground game are in the small quarry section

tho interesting note is a phesant when on the ground ...ground game

Lucky its not dorset to wait for
    I rang to check a few things and due to the Olympics they are not on a 4-6mth to process applications

Hi Duncan , guess what , the met used the same excuse lol, it was only when I called and said I think chell will be wanting her cheque back that her FAC was found. Seems it was in a drawer ,hmmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by chickenman View Post
    Well Michelle finally got her FAC off the Met today, not the fastest of services I must say.
    I sent my application off 7 weeks ago (it says they process them in 8 on their website) and haven't heard anything from them at all. Last time I looked, they hadn't cashed the cheque, but they did confirm that they had it. Could you please tell me how long did Michelle's application took?