Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hornet Talk

Hornet Talk

While I'm certain my love of the 22 Hornet reveals more about my age and wiring than I need be reminded, the reality is that for all it's foibles and ballisticly superior competition I cannot foresee a day when I won't have one in my gun cabinet.

The intention of this thread is therefore simple:

Tell us about your love or hate for the 22HNT and anything between.

Cheers!

K

Love mine. Comes out more time than anything else. If you're out foxing and there's no foxes, go on the rabbits and vice versa. The only thing that come close to my admiration is my 17 Mach 2.
    the hornet is cheap and easy to load, with all sorts of combinations to get performance without any compromise.
    I have mine on a BSA, but alas ,the barrel has got more pits in it than a Welsh valley, but shoots really well. So, do I re barrell or change to a newer rifle. Decisions, decisions.

1st rifle out of the safe 9 out of 10 times, and never fails to put a smile on my face.

Neil.

Watched South African cull teams using them to take out springbok herds.

Astonishingly efficient (obviously all head shots).

Really appealing little rifle. Currently fighting the urge to get one - can't *really* justify it since I already have a .222.

hi i love the hornet.this gun is the first out for fox and rabbits .shootin crows its a demond

Keep it coming please with pics and your best groups etc. Minimum 5 shot of course!

I won't suggest dwelling too much on favorite loads as we all know that assuming you can approach the following charge safely, a 35g V-Max atop 13 grains of Lil-Gun is difficult to beat. Interesting though that my Hornet will not shoot the Berger 35g turning V-Max 5p coin groups into ones a saucer won’t cover.

Cheers

K
    Last edited by Klenchblaize; 19-10-2012 at 12:55.

I don't shoot 5 shot groups with hunting rifles anymore.~Muir

But this is three @100 yards. My reloading room is wallpapered with groups at the 1/2 MOA range.
    Last edited by Muir; 19-10-2012 at 11:42.

Love mine, as said it never fails to put a smile on my face, I am really liking Sierra 45 gn sp under 10.3 gns of h110, lots better at long range than 35 gn vmax in my opinion, good old hornets.

Love mine! Shoots better than i can since heeding muirs advice on reloading for it a few years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Love mine, as said it never fails to put a smile on my face, I am really liking Sierra 45 gn sp under 10.3 gns of h110, lots better at long range than 35 gn vmax in my opinion, good old hornets.
    My best loads come from putting the bullet on top of the powder. You Brits. I swear...~Muir

(Sorry. Couldn't resist!)