Thread: Reloading manual?

Reloading manual?

Planning starting reloading. Can anyone recommend a decent book for loading .270 and .22-250?

Cheers!

Lyman reloading book is a good place to start
    Official Sponsor to Team GB F Class

Norman Clark Gunsmiths do a 1 calibre reloading book for 6.
    Most bullets,most powders and for 6 well a very good buy.imo
    Although I am a complete reloading novice,I found it had a wealth of data on most manufacturers.

Quote Originally Posted by wildfowler.250 View Post
    Planning starting reloading. Can anyone recommend a decent book for loading .270 and .22-250? ...
    I have a growing number of reloading manuals, but my favourite so far is the Hornady manual. I like the way it's tables are laid out. I can't yet comment on the Berger manual. Vihtavouri and Hodgdon both have good on-line information too. Regards JCS

Thanks for the replies! I'll stock up on a few. Am I right in thinking that there's one powder brand in particular that works well with the .22-250? I'm thinking it was vihtavouri but not 100%.

Cheers again!

I don't know. I never reloaded for my .22-250, but these folk might have some idea? http://forum.accurateshooter.com/ind...opic=3754283.0 Regards JCS

hi hornady 7th edition a good book.

Don't forget the Speer Reloading manual a great reference for safe loads and very informative for both novice and experienced reloader.
    The ORDNANCE QF 18 pounder Field Gun......I wonder if they will let me have one of these on an open ticket

I reload both calibres you mention and use Varget in 22-250 and N160 in the .270. I have alot of reloading manuals but tend to always refer to Nosler and Speer manuals.

The Lee and Lyman are the only reloading books in my new reloading room. The rest are packed away in boxes. The Lee book, if you take the time and effort to learn how to utilize the data, is the best book out there.~Muir