Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Importing expanding bullets

Importing expanding bullets

hi guys can somebody clarify the rules of importing bullets from the states, there is a shop in the states that will send bullets to the UK and are a damn sight cheaper than over here, but is this legal to do most people seem to think this is legal but I can't find any guidance to confirm this either can anybody point me in the right direction please , or does anybody no for sure I'm ok to do this I obviously have the correct calibre and expanding missiles on my fac thanks

I'm also considering making an order from the States. Which shop are you using? I think the one I was looking at was Cliffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackleberry270 View Post
    I'm also considering making an order from the States. Which shop are you using? I think the one I was looking at was Cliffs.
    Yeah that's the one a few seem to have used him no problems.....

But how many do you need to buy at a time to make it worth while ?
    My maximum buy at one time is only 200

Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet 6 View Post
    But how many do you need to buy at a time to make it worth while ?
    My maximum buy at one time is only 200

Neil.
    All depends if you can get away with paying the duty I should say like yourself I can get a max of 200 6.5x55 but the price difference is is nearly 20 per 50 over here so I reckon it would be worth while...

Cliff will vary the quantity he sends regardless of what you order depending on the weight.
    I ordered 300 180grn bullets and some other stuff.
    I got one package with 182 bullets and a die.
    I got in touch with him to see what happened to my order and before he could reply I got a second package with the balance in.
    When he replied he explained that by using the 'flat pack air mail' service and keeping it to a certain weight, it all goes through without a hitch - and it has so far !
    He hand delivered some stuff to me the other month, when he was visiting Stonehenge, a great guy.

i have heard good things from him and i am going to put in an order ,i have a couple of friends shooting same cals so we can sort out maximum package , atb wayne

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

I looked into this too. I contacted various bodies and from what I was told it was illegal. Firstly I contacted US bullet makers and was told it was a federal offence to export bullets without a raft of paperwork. I also spoke to several uk suppliers who all said, if it was so easy they would be doing the same. I also spoke to customs and DTI, both could not answer. I decided it wasnt woth the risk. It may be ok but I have reservations, for as stated the US makers said it was a big no no and even if it were ok to send expanding from the US......when said expanding enters the UK postal system......I kinda think it aint legal.......pay your money and take a chance I suppose.

If your looking for just bullets for reloading and not loaded ammunition check out this link. ReloadingInternational.com

Quote Originally Posted by Southwesthunter View Post
    If your looking for just bullets for reloading and not loaded ammunition check out this link. ReloadingInternational.com
    Thats very helpful as it has the part I couldnt remember , the export licence, that is what Hornady said to me. Though I am still not sure about expanding heads once they enter the UK postal system, surely it is illegal once they enter?