Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: irish setter boots

irish setter boots

Has anyone got any reviews of the above? looking at http://www.footwearcountry.co.uk/Iri...Boots-882.html or similar.......
    The only reviews I have seen have been limited and from the states, interested to hear your comments!

Thanks
    DS

I don't have those boots, but I do have the Mitchell.

I love them, the grip isn't the best for hunting as they are not too grippy, but I wear them all the time in winter, they are warm, waterproof, supportive around the ankle and I am looking at having them resoled soon.

http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/produ...out/basket.jsp

It's mad that it's cheaper to get them from Cabelas.

Thanks dougster, how do they come up size wise? I'm pleased to see they cater for skinny feet, and offer two widths, still thinking of the model I linked to, which aren't available on cabelas' website so I'll be forking out for the uk prices!

many thanks......

Had a set about eight years ago and loved them. I doubt that you'll be disappointed.
    Thanks
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by 1st Pattern Paul View Post
    Had a set about eight years ago and loved them. I doubt that you'll be disappointed.
    Thanks
    Paul
    DS,

Conversely, I've just had an American friend over from South Dakota with a pair of Irish Setters. They weren't the model that you've provided the link to but he complained of them leaking from day one of his trip here. I believe they have some decent amounts of snow in SD but it seems it doesn't get as wet there as it does in Scotland since he said in the 5 years he's had them they had never let in water before.

Kind regards,

Tim

North Eastern Victoria Australia Mitta Mitta Sambar country.
    Deer Dog Available
    They are good boots but built to a price and excellent for the average walk about,however one 10 day trip into NZ`s back country sorted them out for me and they leaked after that,WP socks solved that problem though.
    "you nae be needing these no more"
    I said as I slipped the knife through the cord

সাম্বার হরিণ

[QUOTE=Tim1;457489]DS,

Conversely, I've just had an American friend over from South Dakota with a pair of Irish Setters. They weren't the model that you've provided the link to but he complained of them leaking from day one of his trip here. I believe they have some decent amounts of snow in SD but it seems it doesn't get as wet there as it does in Scotland since he said in the 5 years he's had them they had never let in water before.

So he has had the boots for 5 years, without a problem, they leak in year six and this is an issue!? I would be happy getting three or four years from a pair, I think snow is underrated as to how damaging it can be on leather, I find boots suffer badly when I've experienced heavy snow in the past, so that could explain his issues......Personally for me, you've added to my confidence in them I suspect. All feedback is very much appreciated! Thanks all.

DS,

You've mis-understood. The point I was trying to make is that he was extremely surprised at how wet the conditions were and although he gets plenty of 'proper' snow (he even has a snow mobile to cope) it doesn't get as wet in SD as it does in Scotland. When he subjected the boots to the Scottish conditions they leaked straight away. Who knows but they could have leaked from day one if he'd subjected them to similar conditions at home as he experienced during his stay here. He was using the boots the week previous to his visit without incident. Although I'm only referencing a single pair of boots it could be that they are simply not designed for extremely wet conditions.

Regards,

Tim

Sorry Tim, I didn't really misunderstand, I got what you were saying, but I was kind of saying that any hard conditions for 5 years is bound to take its toll, whether its snow or wet, and if they lasted anywhere near that I would be happy. All feedback is gratefully received , sorry if you thought I was being sarcastic,
    all the best

Andy

http://www.blackislander.co.uk/catal...h-leg-boot.htmI've just got a pair of black islanders they look and feel awesome and look like they will stand up to most conditions better than others I've had in the past but only time will tell hey but they certainly look the bees knees