Thread: Setting your rifle up correctly

Setting your rifle up correctly

Whilst waiting for my hangover to go for a walk I came across this. really interesting.

Seems to be clear and made lots of sense. Really liked the way he got the scope level to the rifle as well.
    comments or opinions welcome.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

Great link - I was trying to find his cleaning one too. Thanks for putting it up.

I found it interesting because of course there is lots online for how to shoot shotties but I have never managed to find info on how to set rifles up correctly. I will be having a good look at how my setups are currently.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

I struggled to get the link to do anything.

One comment is, once the rifle is set for you, it may not shoot to the same POI for someone smaller or bigger than you. Regards JCS

[QUOTE=

One comment is, once the rifle is set for you, it may not shoot to the same POI for someone smaller or bigger than you. Regards JCS[/QUOTE]

I'm not worried about how it shoots for anybody else as the only person who tends to shoot my rifle is me.

Quote Originally Posted by jcampbellsmith View Post
    One comment is, once the rifle is set for you, it may not shoot to the same POI for someone smaller or bigger than you. Regards JCS

Really in my experiance that is an old wives tale.

Absolutely right JCS. Whenever I am zeroing and my shooting mate is with me we always get different results from a zeroed rifle. Not only are they different, they are predictable. He is taller and younger than myself which could explain it. Also as you age eyes in particular alter. This can show up as much with shotguns as rifles.

Are the results different because as he squeezes the trigger you kick him in the nuts. Because he is taller and younger than you? .
    Oh happy Monday...........