Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: pieces/stags

pieces/stags

Glad that is the stags over for 2 reasons. Reason 1. Dont have to drag big heavy guests over the hill to shoot big heavy stags and then drag big heavy stags all over the hill.
    Reason 2. Dont have to make pieces and eat the same s**t every day for lunch, Cheese and ham with salad cream or ham and cheese with mango chutney.

North Eastern Victoria Australia Mitta Mitta Sambar country.
    Deer Dog Available
    Give up hunting then seeing as you are so dissatisfied with it.
    "you nae be needing these no more"
    I said as I slipped the knife through the cord

সাম্বার হরিণ

Quote Originally Posted by johngryphon View Post
    hahaha some ones in braw trim here eh??

Would be nice to say I'm fed up of stalking, same as fed up of sh*ging!!
    Kev.

I know the feeling having just finnished the season everything hurts and i'm looking forward to some r&r before the hinds start roll on the snow,

enjoy at least a weekend off

Andy

Try these:

http://www.hotpackmeals.co.uk/

They are a great alternative to a piece and are not very difficult to carry if you take a rucksack up the hill, or for when you come back to the car. If you apply common sense when heating them and wrap them in a fleece and/or put them inside the rucksack out of the wind and off the ground then they really get hot enough to burn your tongue. There is reasonable variety and options in the range and while I wouldn't like to eat them every day they make a great meal when out stalking or fishing. They have a reasonable shelf life with the last ones I got showing "Best before" of August 2014 so you can throw a few into the car for emergency use or even just to warm you up when you reach the car after a cold day out. Delivery is also fast, usually a couple of days after I place the order, and they are not too expensive if you add up the cost of the bits to make a decent piece.
    For self catering accommodation on the Isle of Lewis please visit:
    http://www.7south.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by bigkimbo View Post
    Glad that is the stags over for 2 reasons. Reason 1. Dont have to drag big heavy guests over the hill to shoot big heavy stags and then drag big heavy stags all over the hill.
    Reason 2. Dont have to make pieces and eat the same s**t every day for lunch, Cheese and ham with salad cream or ham and cheese with mango chutney.
    REASON-1 ,If one can not handle the stalking and the lunch, upon when the red stag season draws upon an amazeing sequal in the year, please walk away now as I cannot remeber a person who should quite dam right be so negative towards an a amazeing days adaventure
    REASON 2 Be more adventourus towards your lunch, there's plenty of options out there.

Quote Originally Posted by bigkimbo View Post
    hahahahahahaha

squashed pieces, does get monotonous after a while.

John,don't take this the wrong way,if your doing this for a job it's not all sweetness and like,even when pissing rain and got a client you have to go.
    Not a recreational choice but a job,who doesn't have a moan about their job once in a while,especially a stalker on a hill in Scotland with a cull to take in all weathers mate,a grumpy client with sore legs,can't breathe,etc etc...
    Its not hunting it's a way of life,one that pro stalkers love,when dealing with stinking big stags day in day out for 4months perhaps more is not fun/recreation.

https://m.facebook.com/UKSHA-502164506587351/
    Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports