Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the best scope

What is the best scope

Looking on here there are some interesting articles on the best scope, I think the z6i gets some good raves so 2nd generation z6i is fav. Taking the advice of those who know I'm gonna get one But with all the numbers what is the best one I can buy. I have a light stream and it works well but I'm doing a serious amount of shooting at mo so I want something good on top.

Thanks

Phill

Quote Originally Posted by Sussexphill View Post
    Looking on here there are some interesting articles on the best scope, I think the z6i gets some good raves so 2nd generation z6i is fav. Taking the advice of those who know I'm gonna get one But with all the numbers what is the best one I can buy. I have a light stream and it works well but I'm doing a serious amount of shooting at mo so I want something good on top.

Thanks

Phill
    Z6i is a fine choice and In my opinion the best on the market today i have the 2nd gen BT version , you are also paying for a great Swarovski warranty and back up should you need it so it's a great choice IMO

It is hard for anyone to judge what someone else might view as the best scope as it largely depends on your needs. I've looked through a few and done some informal testing at last light and in my view there is nothing to chose between S&B and Swaro but they certainly are not the best scopes money can buy. What I will say is that they are adequate for most requirements and I use an 8X56 S&B and do not find that it in any way limits my shooting. My top three, based upon my priority of decent low light performance are as follows:

1. Nickel
    2. Zeiss
    Joint 3rd Swaro and S&B

I have no doubt that, to date, the best scope I've looked through has been a Nickel but they are far from cheap and you certainly will not see them taking adverts in the various shooting magazines. On the plus side I guess it saves you having to pay for those adverts.
    For self catering accommodation on the Isle of Lewis please visit:
    http://www.7south.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by MONGOOSE View Post
    Z6i is a fine choice and In my opinion the best on the market today i have the 2nd gen BT version , you are also paying for a great Swarovski warranty and back up should you need it so it's a great choice IMO
    How do you think it compares to zeiss rangefinder I'm just reading up about it.

Quote Originally Posted by caorach View Post

I have no doubt that, to date, the best scope I've looked through has been a Nickel .
    which one?

3 - 12x56
    For self catering accommodation on the Isle of Lewis please visit:
    http://www.7south.co.uk/

having read many articles now the Z6i is still fav I like the idea of the Zeiss with the rangefinder but a lot to do, so now what do people think between the Z6i 2.5-15x56 and Z6i 2-12x50 the added weight and the gun is heavy now of a big scope and higher rails compared to the 50 that should fit my current rings. or is a question of if you can afford it go for the best, is there a noticable difference?

Thanks guys

Schmidt and bender Zenith,i was out first thing this morning with my newly aquirred swaro 8x42 EL Range binos watching two roe walking up a hedgerow 312 yds away and couldn't tell if one was a buck till i scoped it with the zenith,wish S&B made binos,by the way the scope was up full on 10x.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnraider View Post
    Schmidt and bender Zenith,i was out first thing this morning with my newly aquirred swaro 8x42 EL Range binos watching two roe walking up a hedgerow 312 yds away and couldn't tell if one was a buck till i scoped it with the zenith,wish S&B made binos,by the way the scope was up full on 10x.
    Thanks have you compared thatto the Z6i or do you just like the Schmidt and bender Zenith