G4ema app for iPhone

Wheelspin

Hi all
Anybody got this app and using it on there iPhone?
I'm no techno wizard but even people I've spoke to with good computer skills can't work out how to plot your position when using google maps.Each time I (we) have tried it marks the shots in random places around the world,last attempt I managed to shoot two foxes and one red stag off the west coast of Africa???
Any help or advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Nik....

Funnily enough I just installed this on an iPhone the other day with a view to testing it.... will let you know how I get on...

Worked perfect the first time I tested it, second time the fox i "shot" was just of Princess Street, Edinburgh. This is the android version.

Does this system still work in remote locations where there's no phone signal???... When Mark Gilchrist demo'd this on Fieldsports Britain I thought it was a good idea, but after some consideration decided it would be of little use for me as the last 3 stalks I've been on were in places where there's no phone signal.
The wife seems to think that GPS will still work but I'm not so sure :?:

So long as you can get a GPS fix (satellite) it will work, so most outdoor places - unless you are in the shadow of a mountain, or in an area of high RF interference!

hi been using it for a couple of weeks on android. I posted original link and vids here a few weeks back but then it was still not yet available for iphone. works fine hasn't lost gps on me yet.

Just a thought but if its on an I phone go into settings and make sure :location services : is turned on in privacy section ?
just an idea
regards andy

Here's the result of a test on Weds... looks like one GPS point went a bit funny but the rest are spot on...

stalk.JPG

gilchrist is a good friend of mine, I will speek to him and see if he wants to sign up to the the sd so he can answer any questions about the app. Also he said if anyone has any sugestions about how it can be improved then he is all ears.

• Connect your phone to iTunes
  • in iTunes click on the name of your phone in the left hand pane e.g. 'John's iPhone'
  • Over on the right click the 'Apps' tab
  • Scroll down to 'File Sharing'
  • Click on G4EMA in the list of Apps
  • Select the G4EMA folder on the right and click 'Save to...' and save the G4EMA folder where you tell it
  • You can then open that folder and find the KML files in it

Capture.JPG Capture2.JPG

Last edited:
  • in iTunes click on the name of your phone in the left hand pane e.g. 'John's iPhone'
  • Select the G4EMA folder on the right and click 'Save to...' and save the G4EMA folder where you tell it

View attachment 20496 View attachment 20497
Cheers csl, now working:D:thumb:

Brilliant thanks, maybe ping this over to Mark to upload :)

Thanks for your help chaps,
I hadn't turned on the app in general settings:cuckoo:, all working now.
All the best
Nik...

Back