Thread: Just a short drive for boars...

Just a short drive for boars...

Hi there!I just want to start a short article about a little driven hunt on Friday....
    As some of you may have read before, we have one piece of forest, very dense and hard covered by beech, which is surrounded by farming ground, where we get a lot of damage from boars.
    Its the ground where I was taking most of my boars during the summer, while defending the wheat....
    Now all the maize and other crops are taken and all the game is returning "home" into this small patch of forest. I was out there last week on Thursday, just to check a little feeding plot to go there with a client: At 19:15 a sow and 5 piglets showed up, at 19:30 a large group (which we know very good) of 38 boars appeared and at 19:40 another 8 "Überläufer" (yearlings) got on this small field too...
    This week we checked the farming ground around (very easy, its right on a main road, heading to my home there...) and the damage on the new seeded fields was just horrible!
    So we decided to try a little driven hunt on Friday...
    Because of being surrounded by heavy travelled roads, we didnt want to use any dogs at all, just 5 beaters (armed and ready to take some if possible) and only 7 hunters well situated along game trails and "critical spots".

We did meet, had a short speech and headed out at 14:15.
    We ended at 18:00 and got 14 boars down!
    My friend took 8 shots and dropped 7 boars, incredible!
    I myself missed the biggest boar I ever took a shot on but took a small piglet... Got to train I believe, or maybe it was boar fever...!?
    We had two wounded boars, which we tracked yesterday with our bloodhounds. One was successfull after 3 dogs had to give it a try, so we got 15 in total.

Now I am really keen on the big driven hunts next weekend in this area. Two guys from the directory will be my guests and I really hope to offer them some very memoriable days in the woods!

So far, so good, you will get to know....

Michael
    People's hobbies are more their measure's than are their jobs.

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildboar1973 View Post
    Hi there!I just want to start a short article about a little driven hunt on Friday....
    As some of you may have read before, we have one piece of forest, very dense and hard covered by beech, which is surrounded by farming ground, where we get a lot of damage from boars.
    Its the ground where I was taking most of my boars during the summer, while defending the wheat....
    Now all the maize and other crops are taken and all the game is returning "home" into this small patch of forest. I was out there last week on Thursday, just to check a little feeding plot to go there with a client: At 19:15 a sow and 5 piglets showed up, at 19:30 a large group (which we know very good) of 38 boars appeared and at 19:40 another 8 "Überläufer" (yearlings) got on this small field too...
    This week we checked the farming ground around (very easy, its right on a main road, heading to my home there...) and the damage on the new seeded fields was just horrible!
    So we decided to try a little driven hunt on Friday...
    Because of being surrounded by heavy travelled roads, we didnt want to use any dogs at all, just 5 beaters (armed and ready to take some if possible) and only 7 hunters well situated along game trails and "critical spots".

We did meet, had a short speech and headed out at 14:15.
    We ended at 18:00 and got 14 boars down!
    My friend took 8 shots and dropped 7 boars, incredible!
    I myself missed the biggest boar I ever took a shot on but took a small piglet... Got to train I believe, or maybe it was boar fever...!?
    We had two wounded boars, which we tracked yesterday with our bloodhounds. One was successfull after 3 dogs had to give it a try, so we got 15 in total.

Now I am really keen on the big driven hunts next weekend in this area. Two guys from the directory will be my guests and I really hope to offer them some very memoriable days in the woods!

So far, so good, you will get to know....

Michael
    That sounds like very good result all round (and 7 boar from 8 shots, fantastic, waidmannsdank+)The farmers will be pleased too. Congratulations. I look forward to hearing about the next hunt.

Waidmannsheil~Tamus

Micheal

Great read.

Sounds like there are plenty on your permission.

Good luck for next week on the larger days

Jonathon

Well done to your friend Michael, sounds like you all had a fantastic time, good luck on your up and coming hunts.

Matt

Thanks to all of you!
    Please keep fingers crossed for my new friends from GB, whose I met through the directory....
    I know they have dreams and expectations about their hunts here in Germany, I will try my very best, but its still hunting, 100% fair chase and no park or zoo or so... We will see...

Cheers

Michael
    Last edited by Wildboar1973; 21-10-2012 at 21:24.
    People's hobbies are more their measure's than are their jobs.

Well done Michael.
    Our syndicate had a little driven hunt around a maizefield last weekend, unfortunately i could not be present. The maizefield got cut by the farmer, at one stage 30 wild boar escaped. In total 7 wild boar where shot, including 3 keilers. That weekend they saw about a hundred wild boar roaming the fields . It seems that this year is an acceptional year in boar numbers. The boar taken where very big and fat !
    Damages to this particular maize field alone was 1,5 hectare of maize eaten or damaged, we have to pay 2250 euro to this farmer for these damages . Fingers crossed for all other bills...

Our quests have shot too few wild boar, i think i have to charge them for that .

Hi Mate
    Nice one looks like you had fun. Goodluck with the big hunt.

Wayne