dont ask someone if they have permission

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scots_stalker

well last night i was out on one of my permissions just walking the dogs , i was walking down an abandoned railway where the bankings on each side are a good 20ft above me when a gunshot rang out above my head , i let out a shout as i genuinely got a fright,

i made my way up the banking where 2 guys were standing , i ask what the hell they were playing at , his reply was i should be watching where i was going , to which i replied that he shouldnt be on the ground with a firearm and i was going to call the police

for that i got 2 rapid punches to my eye and cheek , breaking a tooth,

i am not a fighter , never have been , i got away as fast as i could ,

ive gone through the usual with the police , but as i sit here today feeling humiliated and low , i feel like packing the whole thing in and selling up

dont do that mate youre amongst freinds here
you can have my home number if you need somebody to talk too

hopefully the police will be able to trace them , once they do if they have legitimate weapons im guessing they wont have them for much longer
]did you see any vehicles?

good point to add to this thread to ALL shooters out there, always carry a mobile phone and make sure its charged . one day it may just save your life!!!!!!

there were no cars , just the vague descriptions i could give the police , 2 guys in jeans and cammy jackets etc

Poaching b******s!! Don't let them get to you mate they are not worth giving up your sport for, they are vermin!!

Atb
Cal

You're right. From now on, don't ask. Just leave. There are two of them. They have a gun and you have a cell phone and righteous indignation. Just tell them to have a good hunt and walk away.

I'm sorry to hear about this. I know how terrifying a fight/assault can be.~Muir

A*seholes, certainly not worth packing in because of them. Thing is, they aren't partaking in our sport, theirs is one of poaching, deceit and assault - so do not compare yourself with them, they are scum, you are not!

The bruises will heal mate, but don't let them win for Christ sake that's the worst thing you can do selling up wont make you feel better but getting out and shooting does don't let them win.......

So sorry to hear what has happened to you at the hands of thugs. Don't give in to them, I hope the police can find and deal with these cowardly b*****ds.

Matt

Hi Brian never chalcenge any body with a fire arm be discreet if you met them again keep out off site & call the police.
If you can take pictures
ALLways keep your distance.
Do not pack it in these guys are just bullies
Just be more careful in future

Sorry to hear what happened, hope you get over it soon.

It might be worth finding out whether they were careless enough to leave any spent cartridges lying around, as they could have finger prints etc. as that might give the police something else to go on.

Good luck

Sorry to hear what happened, hope you get over it soon.

It might be worth finding out whether they were careless enough to leave any spent cartridges lying around, as they could have finger prints etc. as that might give the police something else to go on.

Good luck

good call actually.

Brian,

Take someone with you, and go for a walk - enjoy the walk for what it is and if you find anything of "use" then so much the better.

Were they carrying shotguns or rifles?

Mike

Andy Crow had a lucky escape when he approached poachers, they fired 2 shots at him... he drove away and called the police but they took 2hrs to respond. The way to deal with poachers is to either avoid contact or if you have to speak to them, just say "alright fellas... have you shot anything?" just like you would to an angler on a river bank. Then walk on and then phone the police, that way there's more chance of them still being there when the police arrive.

Sorry to hear you had this experience, must have been awful.

I am starting to understand there are quite a few people about without our moral standards.

Andy Crow had a lucky escape when he approached poachers, they fired 2 shots at him... he drove away and called the police but they took 2hrs to respond. The way to deal with poachers is to either avoid contact or if you have to speak to them, just say "alright fellas... have you shot anything?" just like you would to an angler on a river bank. Then walk on and then phone the police, that way there's more chance of them still being there when the police arrive.
We had poachers on site last week shot's herd .Called the police they sent armed responce stright away they herd shot's .They called the force helicoptor.It looks like they slipped away as i have not herd they caught anyone.They have since followed up to ask of any infomation and (we have).So lets hope we get them. My two guys on site at the time decieded not to approach them.They fired about fourtine shots .So i think they were out shooting pigeons/squirells but we are having deer poechers also.But Brian this is very rare its not worth getting out of shooting for.Last year i met two guys coming out of one of my fields with two lurchers i opened the locked gate asked them what they were doing they said looking for deer antlers .I said fine looking dog's i bet they would run a deer down. one of them said yes and took his mobile out a showed me a roe that one had caught.He then gave me his phone no and we said good bye.I wrote his reg no down.I then passed all the info to the police.The point i am making is better to befriend them and get some info. Then use that to your advantage. Good luck mate regards woodfordfallow

Really sorry to hear of your dreadful experience.

There is a lesson for us all in that story.

Dont give up on the sport mate ... dont let the fcukers win !

ATB

CVK

I was out on my permission dealing with ferals and someone called the police on me, took the armed response about an hour to get there (id gone and was sat in the pub by this point) but the house mate received the knock as the police couldn't find my certificate on the system for 2 hours but did find my address from my car reg...

I have considered getting a thermal monocular as the land we shoot does get quite a few poachers at night and personally I wouldn't want to run in to them but would much rather observe and maybe let of a shot (no where near them) to scare everything within a few square miles and possibly them as well!

Don't give up on your sport as this is just a low, get out there and enjoy it, you will feel better in a few days!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back