Christmas gifts - that time of year again!

BunnyDoom

I've had a bombardment of facebook messages and texts from panicked partners and family members of shooting friends asking what I should get them - I can't believe it's xmas again already!

I've had a variety of "shooting gifts" over the years - they have been a mixture of perfect, amusing/gimmicky, and outright ridiculous/embarrassing! My girlfriend's very good at gift buying now though I usually have to tell her what to get :)

Just wondered what everyone else's experiences were and if anyone had any tips for family and friends of shooters at Christmas?! :D

I would go down the picture avenue say of the deer dog/ gun dog or favourite quarry species or even horse if they are hunting types something they can look at all year round not just for the xmas week just my op
regards Norma

Good shout Norma - I always quite fancied a deer pic in a nice frame.

I got a leather shotgun case from my sister for my 30th, my other sister got me a reasonable pair of hawke bino's, and my mum got me some really good boots - they were useful things that I've had a lot of use out of.

Guess it's a case of whether it's practical or amusing - both are good options I reckon!

In the last few years I have finally managed to train the family that I will enjoy/get more benifit etc if they buy me what i ask them for than if they get me what they think i might like.

Presents I have liked: AIM drag bag, DSC1 course, Deer stalking trips and other various items.

Presents i have been less keen on: Socks size 9-11 (I take a size 14), A book on steam trains (odd its a book my father-in-law wanted to borrow just after christmas) a book on bird watching (well i know how you like to go out shooting ducks)

Harsh I know.

Simon

Haha!

Presents I least liked: c*ck shaped bottle of tequila (I'm allergic to tequila, and like c*ck even less), socks (as above!), pewter pins x 5 (WTF!)

Presents I most liked: shooting sticks, bino's, DSC1, Damascus steel Tomahawk, clulite, boots, leather gunslip, frame for gold certificate for buck!

Harsh but fair!

Wife bought me Zeiss Binos for xmas prezzi ! Got them off uttings on no intrest payments .... She`s letting me use them now :)( lovely wife ).

Steve

Wife bought me Zeiss Binos for xmas prezzi ! Got them off uttings on no intrest payments .... She`s letting me use them now :)( lovely wife ).

Steve

That's a pretty damn good present - though the pressures on regarding her present now I guess... ;)

We have ongoing birthday & Christmas lists, on mine I look at what bits of kit are starting to get the worse for wear or any handy low cost gadgets etc, I try to find internet links to go with these which are then distributed via the wife to other members of the family. This means that you are likely to get just what you want but do not know what you have got until unwrapping. atb Tim

I would go down the picture avenue say of the deer dog/ gun dog or favourite quarry species or even horse if they are hunting types something they can look at all year round not just for the xmas week just my op
regards Norma

My mrs got me a pic last year from a website called photo4me. its basically amateurs uploading there own images for sale, some real good uns, loads of deer and wildlife. And my sister got us both the lamp for the house!

deer pic.jpg

I've taken to marking things with a * in Bushwear and Fly fishing catalogues. Usually get one or two useful presents.

The problem is I fail to work out what she wants and end up running round on xmas eve like an idiot.

I've taken to marking things with a * in Bushwear and Fly fishing catalogues. Usually get one or two useful presents.

The problem is I fail to work out what she wants and end up running round on xmas eve like an idiot.

Easy mate - "PS I love you" DVD, Full length fluffy dressing gown from M&S, Shoe Shop Voucher, Flowers, Chocolates, or Spa Treatment/Voucher - This is a 100% guaranteed list formed from years of research ;)

Back