Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Peak District

Peak District

I'm heading to the Peak District with my good lady for a view days can anyone suggest area's of interest, deer/wildlife photography etc?

Thanks,

Matt.

You could give Mike a call at Calton Moor Range and sneak off stalking with him
    Blaser K95 Luxus Kipplaufbüchse .25-06Rem. Zeiss 8x56, 110gn Nosler Accubond = Game Over!

Chatsworth House grounds are nice for a walk, they have red and fallow in the park and you might get some pics of birds in the woods at the back of the house.

Quote Originally Posted by deeangeo View Post
    You could give Mike a call at Calton Moor Range and sneak off stalking with him
    No I'm looking forward to some time away!

I was thinking Chatsworth for a walk. And Dovedale for Dippers.

lyme park in disley is worth a visit grounds are full of deer, really good scenery and the manor house is worth a look, also you could call in the goyt valley on your way over to chatsworth via long hill, nice walk down by the resevoirs

matlock bath is nice.. if you drive through chatsworth south for about 15mins there is a really nice pub that always have good game on the menu

yes i agree theres the cable car ride as well over the gorge, it stops half way so that you can take photo's

Quote Originally Posted by Deanandrew64 View Post
    yes i agree theres the cable car ride as well over the gorge, it stops half way so that you can take photo's
    That sounds great but Roberta will be having none of it!

Mate, if your after good walks park in hayfield and a walk up kinder, or park in castleton and up over mam tor and back into castleton. I would say the nicest village in my opinion is tideswell. The goyt valley near Buxton is also well worth a visit in autumn especially.

Any other advise you need let me know and I will be happy to pm you my number.

Oli

Quote Originally Posted by Oli223 View Post
    Mate, if your after good walks park in hayfield and a walk up kinder, or park in castleton and up over mam tor and back into castleton. I would say the nicest village in my opinion is tideswell. The goyt valley near Buxton is also well worth a visit in autumn especially.

Any other advise you need let me know and I will be happy to pm you my number.

Oli
    Thank you Oli