Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Badger Cull

Badger Cull

Hi Gents,

Does anyone know who these 'trained marksmen' are that have been referred to in the media over recent weeks and months?

Kind regards,

Tim
    Last edited by Tim1; 23-10-2012 at 14:52.

Aren,t they the ones who shoot badgers anyway and dump them on the roadside as supposed "rta victims"..now legitimised by DEFRA?

You could be right Tony. I'm not particularly bothered either way but I suspect the 'trained marksmen' is a bit of gloss for Brian May and the public at large.

Kind regards,

Tim

My original post on this seems to have vanished! Anyway the gist of it was, the cull is off until next year anyway. Heard it on the radio this AM.

Given the level of intimidation & hysteria whipped up by the antis I would be most surprised if anyone admitted to being one of the " trained marksmen". atb Tim

Quote Originally Posted by timbrayford View Post
    Given the level of intimidation & hysteria whipped up by the antis I would be most surprised if anyone admitted to being one of the " trained marksmen". atb Tim
    well if the cull ever gets underway i wouldnt be suprised if they published a full list of all involved .

This afternoons news nothing was mentioned about the intimidation or activists but the delay was blamed on the Government Ministers bad organisation and under budgeting. Apparently they didn't bother asking how many badgers there were in the first place and it turns out there is double the figure they had!! ...... It really makes you wonder...

SD Regular
    I got a call from the nfu on friday , could i get down south to assist in the cull as badger numbers had exceeded expectations , travel expences were to be met and a bounty for trapping or shooting was to be paid . I told them it was there problem and not to ring me again . The only qualifications i have are level1+ 2 .
    BE PREPARED IT WASNT RAINING WHEN THEY BUILT THE ARC

I find it interesting that an undercount of badgers, plus stop the cull campaigners not a mention of the ecological devastation on other wild species being caused by them.Do all badgers subsist on peanut butter sandwiches ?

Quote Originally Posted by bruce w View Post
    well if the cull ever gets underway i wouldnt be suprised if they published a full list of all involved .
    It's what Government departments do. atb Tim