Work in NZ

any one got any agricultural, deer stalking, fencing jobs going around New Zealand. im thinking of going over there for a year.

come on peeps.... TALK TO ME

theres always people advertising int farmers guardian for people to go work in nz and aus and the like, sometimes student opportunities but thats not always the case. plenty a farmer need a lift in the harvest, and they might even let you shoot too!

The Weekly Times rural newspaper covers Victoria and The Land covers NSW for many rural work ads.........both are top hunting states

Perhaps you can access their employment ads online or at least place an ad for a few weeks in either,you never know what will come of it.

Cattle properties in Nth East Vic often put on a Pom as a jackeroo etc and then you are right in the guts of Sambar country,my choice ha ha.

send a few details to me in a pm and I can pass them on to a neighbour,he has had a few OS people live in and work on their property at times.

hey john, thanks a lot for the help unfortunately i have already worked a year im oz, never did any agricultural work so can not get a second year visa.. unless some one wants to lie and say i have worked on their farm for a few months free work when i return ;)

Get in touch with the local yfc where are you going,p in NZ , my daughter is farming in north land if you want I can get some numbers off her

Hey Taff yeah thats a good idea yfc as in yfc in newZ? where abouts is your daughter farming and what is it dairy or arable?

She's milking in whangarei northland, yes I mean YFC NZ they are very active over there.

Most jobs go word of mouth, if you are after casual work,trade me is good, do you have a visa to work.

​Trade me, has a job section, it`s like Ebay. Always something going on in the farming sector here.
What area you want to come to?
Can`t beat it over here really, was out sat nite on a dairy farm, shot 30 hares and couple of possums, out for deer on this saturday, just gonna have a wander.
If you need any help and your in our area (Manawatu) give me a call.

​Trade me, has a job section, it`s like Ebay. Always something going on in the farming sector here.
What area you want to come to?
Can`t beat it over here really, was out sat nite on a dairy farm, shot 30 hares and couple of possums, out for deer on this saturday, just gonna have a wander.
If you need any help and your in our area (Manawatu) give me a call.

really appreciate this thank you

When are you going GG?
i will be hopefully going for a month over end of Dec and January. Hopefully got some hunting lined up!

any one got any agricultural, deer stalking, fencing jobs going around New Zealand. im thinking of going over there for a year.

come on peeps.... TALK TO ME

Hi George,

You might be interested in contacting Graham Carr (Peel Forest Estate) Peel Forest Estate - Peel Forest Estate

I was Graham's UK Deer Manager for several years, he's a great guy and may well be able to help you.

Hope that helps mate.

Best regards,

Mike.

(Director - Jelen Deer Services)

[h=1]
home-tip.png
[/h]
11:34 pm, 25 Oct
[h=1]Site Navigation[/h]

RegisterLog in
[h=4]Log in[/h]Email
Password
Remember me
OnOff

Forgot your password?

[h=4]Search Trade Me[/h]
in farming All categories Jobs Agriculture, fishing & forestry Farming Antiques & collectables Art Baby gear Books Building & renovation Business, farming & industry Cars, bikes & boats Chch earthquake support Clothing Computers Crafts Electronics & photography Flatmates wanted Gaming Health & beauty Home & living Jewellery & watches Jobs Mobile phones Movies & TV Music & instruments Pets & animals Pottery & glass Real estate Services Sports Toys & models Travel, events & activities Site help Members​

Search expired listings

Trade Me Jobs[h=2][/h]Jobs anywhere in NZ NorthlandAucklandWaikatoBay Of PlentyGisborneHawkes BayTaranakiManawatu / WanganuiWellington Nelson / TasmanMarlboroughWest CoastCanterburyOtagoSouthland
All districts
Any category AccountingAgriculture, fishing & forestryBanking, finance & insuranceConstruction & architectureCustomer serviceEducationEngineeringGovernment & councilHealthcareHospitality & tourismHR & recruitmentITLegalManufacturing & operationsMarketing, media & communicationsOffice & administrationRetailSalesScience & technologyTrades & servicesTransport & logisticsOther
Any sub categoryFarmingFishingForestryHorticultureOther
Keywords:
Any job typeFull timePart timeContract/TempAnnual pay:
Any$0 $20k $25k $30k $35k $40k $50k $60k $70k $80k $90k $100k+
SearchReset
Advanced job search

Trade Me Jobs > Agriculture, fishing & forestry > Farming
[h=1]Assistant to Manager, Deer farm[/h]Listing #: 522359896

Type:Full time, Permanent
Listed:Thu, 11 Oct
Pay and benefits:Salary commensurate with Experience & ability
Assistant to Manager, Deer farm.
4000su Deer farm producing high quality Trophies, Velvet, & Venison

The successful applicant must have experience in general farm work. They must be keen, with a positive attitude and be able to work both within a team environment & individually when required. Deer experience would be an advantage, although is not essential, duties will include, stock work feeding out & some tractor work.
A house is available & attractive salary commensurate with ability & experience

Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit.

[h=2]Apply online[/h]Please email CV & cover letter
Apply online

Expires: Sat 10 Nov, 12:26 pm
Other jobs you may like...

As previously mentioned, most work does come through word of mouth.
I would recommend that you get your visa sorted, save enough money to last you for a few months at least and then head over there.
You will find that nothing beats meeting people face to face and you will need to get a feel of where you would like to work.
Get your CV sorted and take references, be willing to make the most of all opportunities.
Peel Forest is an amazing place but it is well off the beaten track, I used to live near Wanaka and found it to be a great area to live in.
Good luck, it is a very special place.
Regards
BP

Back