Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: FAC runs out t-3 days!!!!!!

  1. #1

    FAC runs out t-3 days!!!!!!

    So last week put a call into licensing chasing my renewal FAC & SG, told yes we have it in process and its where we expect it to be. I mention in 10 days I am in breach of the firearms act and will need it back. Response is no need to worry as we have your application to renew you will be ok, I mention section 7 and again told no need to worry as we have on file its in process. So politely I say ok may not be an issue as my licence may be back in time anyway....so tomorrow (now only 3 days remaining) I will be calling and requesting a section 7 or if I can pop along and collect my FAC as if I am every in court and they say well who told you that you could break the law standing there in court and saying some bloke on the phone told me it will be ok will not look that bright

    Anyway it may turn out to be ok as when I call tomorrow maybe, just maybe they will say oh I have it here would you like to pop in

    I will let you all know how I get on, so far to be fair I have found them very good and have never had a issue, with luck it will stay this way

  2. #2
    Do not accept anything less than your renewed certificates, or a S. 7 permit.

    If you do, you are potentially in breach of S.48 of the Firearms Act 1968, whatever they choose to tell you

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by David TS View Post
    Do not accept anything less than your renewed certificates, or a S. 7 permit.

    If you do, you are potentially in breach of S.48 of the Firearms Act 1968, whatever they choose to tell you
    I am no expert but I always thought that a section 7 gives you permission to hold your firearms but not use them so all this talk of section 7 certificates! If I am right then there's probably quite a few people on here that shouldn't be using there firearms :-(

    rob

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    I am no expert but I always thought that a section 7 gives you permission to hold your firearms but not use them so all this talk of section 7 certificates! If I am right then there's probably quite a few people on here that shouldn't be using there firearms :-(

    rob
    You can take them out and use them but the problem lies with the fact that the Section 7 does not cover your expanding ammo. This has to be lodged with an RFD until your certificate is back. So for that reason you cannot be out stalking deer with a Section 7

  5. #5
    Out of interest, how long has your renewal been in progress?

  6. #6
    I think there is starting to get to much scare mongering about not having a section seven and if we are not careful we may see a backlash by the police authority's , I was told the same, you don,t need a section seven and recorded the call. Yes they should renew on time, but due to staffing problems this is not going to happen. If they say it's ok carry on. If we and our lobbying groups push to hard it will not be long before we may be required by law to lodge our guns with a RFD.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Taff View Post
    I think there is starting to get to much scare mongering about not having a section seven and if we are not careful we may see a backlash by the police authority's , I was told the same, you don,t need a section seven and recorded the call. Yes they should renew on time, but due to staffing problems this is not going to happen. If they say it's ok carry on. If we and our lobbying groups push to hard it will not be long before we may be required by law to lodge our guns with a RFD.
    Not unless the Firearms Act 1968 is rewritten, since S.7 is enshrined in it, and that is unlikely to be any time soon.

  8. #8
    an ammendment could be made at the stroke of a pen by goverment, and who do you think they will listern too, mee and you or the police

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Taff View Post
    I think there is starting to get to much scare mongering about not having a section seven and if we are not careful we may see a backlash by the police authority's , I was told the same, you don,t need a section seven and recorded the call. Yes they should renew on time, but due to staffing problems this is not going to happen. If they say it's ok carry on. If we and our lobbying groups push to hard it will not be long before we may be required by law to lodge our guns with a RFD.
    Covering your own back is not the only reason you insist on a Section 7. By doing so it means that it raises an issue within a system that is overly an unnecessarily bureaucratic. This isn't the fault of the department staff necessarily but heads of the departments enforcing there own set of rules. I feel justified in expecting them to keep within the law and not put me in a position where I am breaking it. If I was forced to lodge my firearms with an RFD then I would expect them to foot the bill.

  10. #10
    On my renewal 2 years ago, I received the new one two days after the old one ran out.
    Avon and Somerset as well.
    Interview was in October

Similar Threads

  1. One of those days.....
    By Muddy Springer in forum Photos
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 24-08-2012, 14:44
  2. *SOLD* Galvanised dog runs
    By biffo in forum Dogs
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-04-2012, 16:10
  3. You cant do anything these days
    By Mannlicher_Stu in forum Jokes & Funnies
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 19-02-2011, 10:28
  4. Dog Kennel and runs
    By simo in forum Deer Dogs & Tracking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 24-01-2011, 22:13
  5. Those were the days...
    By Iwrch in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 27-09-2010, 20:25

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •