Thread: Hello from the Fen highlands

Hello from the Fen highlands

Evening all.

Hello from the fen highlands, deep and darkest Ely. Like most newbies I guess, I've been involved in fieldsports for a long time, but have yet to do any deer stalking; this is something I am a complete novice in. Very interested in this, but until now time, family and money have been restricting factors. I've been boning up on it as best I can, and am hoping to get out on an introductory course / paid stalks in the very near future, the first one with luck November/December time.

I currently have a southpaw heavy barrelled .223 RWS Titan T3. Shopping at the moment for a left handed .308, which is proving to be a challenge!

Not sure what I can contribute to the site to be honest at this stage. Will be reading through all the topics though with interest, and no doubt posting some noddy questions from time to time, so bear with me!

Cheers,

David.

Welcome! good luck finding the left-hand rifle, I'm sure you'll find something, I presume you've checked with fenland rural sport......?

Welcoe to the site,

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Quote Originally Posted by David_r View Post

I currently have a southpaw heavy barrelled .223 RWS Titan T3. Shopping at the moment for a left handed .308, which is proving to be a challenge!
    Hello, David

Welcome to SD.

I'm 30 miles west of you below sea level, so Ely or anywhere else in the Fens is 'high' ground to me.

I'm sure that the Titan 3 is a long-action switch barrel job, so I'm guessing that you don't fancy an additional .308 barrel from RUAG?

If you don't, then .308 is available in every Lefthand action made .... there's always Remington if you're desperate.
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.

Thanks all.

Yep, in Fenland Ruralsports fairly frequently. They've nothing currently.

My .223 is a long action and I guess I could change the barrrel. Might look into that in more detail, to see what's involved... Would prefer another rifle if I can though!

The highest thing around your neck of the woods is the ship of the fens even l can see it from where l live its probably about 10 miles as the crow fly's, have you had a word with AW at fur & feather he may be able to help, by the way welcome.

Account Suspended
    welcome to a great site