Stalking sayings , proverbs or poems

Acm

Does anyone have any stalking poems , proverbs or sayings they know , traditional , stirring and amusing . I remember reading a piece written by bogtrotter called the quickening that was rather moving . I wonderd if any of you know of any more ?

i have heard this saying many times when gentlemen are out shooting with their dogs, it is said by deer stalkers, rough shooters and wildfowlers alike...
"come back here ya f**king bast*rd !!!!"
apologies, i couldnt resist that:rofl:

I was asked why women like deer stalkers . answer they go deep in the bush can shoot more than once and eat what they shoot.

i have heard this saying many times when gentlemen are out shooting with their dogs, it is said by deer stalkers, rough shooters and wildfowlers alike...
ha ha ha ha ha ! +1

George i have been deep in many a bush over the years out stalking and dealt with many an older . schiehallion i have no idea mate its an old saying that's been around for years about us. But it dose sound better than deep in the thorny sitka and i am probably more often to be found there nowadays how things change.

Know it all too well these days

"I was spot on, I defently hit it."

"there's no way I could have missed that"

Very common comments in fact I've used them myself on occasions
andrew

I always remember rifle bolt binos and knife by the good ol "spectacles, testicles, wallet and watch"

A good mate of mine from zummerzett, uses it all the time, unfortunately he still forgot his magazine last time lol.

I remember a mate of mine used to sing this terrier song back in the pub after a day out working with the hounds, along with clog dance on table, top song

Terrier Song

Priceless and so so true..

nutty

Back