Thread: Swaro scopes

Swaro scopes

Hi there,

thinking of getting another swaro for on my 222 if santa is good to me. Im looking at the z6 2-12X50 and the z3 4-12x50.

Can anyone shed some light on the difference between these two scopes other than the huge price difference and the tube diameter.

Do they both use the same lenses and coatings?

Cheers Rob

The Z6 is the current top of the line scope. The Z3 is a rehashed AV model designed for the US market. The Z3 is still a decent scope, but not to Z6 standards.
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

I know where there's a cheap 2.5-15x44 Z6 going.....
    Owning a gun or knife and not using it, is akin to not sleeping with your girlfriend to keep her neat and tidy for the next bloke.

I cant compare the two, but I have a Z6 on a 243 and was looking for a good scope for my 222 just for foxing, I went for the Zeiss Duralyt Illuminated....Do yourself a favour and wait until you can get another Swarovski...Wish i had!...HTH

I actually did think about a duralyt but a don't think it much better than the Meopta iv got on my 222 at the moment!!! Are they really that bad sparko??

No, they are not a bad scope at all, Its just that they arent the quality of a Swarovski, but then they are only 50% of the price...All I`m saying is that basically a 2nd hand Z6 Is better all round than a new duralyt for the money...i know that we have all got used to high prices for scopes and It becomes the norm to spend 800- 900 -1000 + on a 2nd hand scope...But back In the real world it Is a lot of money....Oh and the Zeiss is way better than any Meopta I have ever had...And thats a few...Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboab29 View Post
    I actually did think about a duralyt but a don't think it much better than the Meopta iv got on my 222 at the moment!!! Are they really that bad sparko??
    im suprised that you rate a duralyt over a meopta