Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oooh Nan, what a big thirst you have...

Oooh Nan, what a big thirst you have...

I'm moving into my Nan's house so I read the water meter and gave United Utilities the reading. They've sent out a bill......

for 9,876.00
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

What's your nan been making....
    Moonshine on a commercial scale.
    At least we know why we had a water ban this year.

is it heavy and is she taking it to Iran

The house has been empty for the best part of 3yrs, before that all the bills were estimated. This new bill is for what's owed + 4500 (estimated) for this year.
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Make sure theres no leaks . its happend before.

Ask if you can pay on the drip.
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Not unusual if empty and estimates, you may have a leak, I know one instance of 5000 for a quarter, they had a big leak which was there responsibility, have you checked the meter, turn of all taps etc and check the meter.

Just been into an 18 room hostel bedsit, which has been shut up fot 18 months.Rats have gained ingress into the building via the dry wc`s on the ground floor and through the wc`s upstairs that have water in them. The lovely beasts have gnawed through a water pipe and the bill for water is just over a 1000.
    Make sure you check for rats or even mice.
    Wf1

Quote Originally Posted by Si View Post
    I'm moving into my Nan's house so I read the water meter and gave United Utilities the reading. They've sent out a bill......

for 9,876.00
    About 15yrs ago I was sent a bill for MINUS 450....This was obviously wrong, so I contacted the water company, who were most insistent that it couldn't be their computer was wrong. I think they realised I was getting exasperated when I pointed out to them that whilst I could do plenty of things, pushing water back up the taps wasn't one of them.......
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.