Thread: bausch & lomb 3-9x50 scope. info

bausch & lomb 3-9x50 scope. info

hi guys ive just got a 243 and it comes with one of these scopes. ive heard there fairly good. i wont be needing it as i will be putting my zeiss on the 243. so does anyone know the going rate for one of these scopes. its a 3x9x50 with zplex ret

I'm not 100% but I think bushnell took over Bausch & Lomb a while back and they re badged them as the bushnell 3200 elite. The 3200 3-9x50 is round about the 300 mark at the moment.

Cheer rob

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboab29 View Post
    I'm not 100% but I think bushnell took over Bausch & Lomb a while back and they re badged them as the bushnell 3200 elite. The 3200 3-9x50 is round about the 300 mark at the moment.

Cheer rob

cheers for that. i will prob put it up for around 100 and see how it go's

Big Bob is spot on; I have had one for about 10 years,although it has been a spare for a long time, IE and not fitted to any rifle. Ipaid 100 for mine second hand, so today somebody should take it off your handsfor that money. My only criticism is that the field of view seemed quite small to my mind.

Best of luck with the sale

Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by Thar View Post
    Big Bob is spot on; I have had one for about 10 years,although it has been a spare for a long time, IE and not fitted to any rifle. Ipaid 100 for mine second hand, so today somebody should take it off your handsfor that money. My only criticism is that the field of view seemed quite small to my mind.

Best of luck with the sale

Tahr
    I haven't looked through it yet. But I think thats a Bushnell thing. I've had a couple of other bushnells and they have small field of view

Worth more than 100!!!!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    Worth more than 100!!!!
    whats the going rate then finnbear

Quote Originally Posted by jay 22 View Post
    whats the going rate then finnbear
    Jay,

I had one of those scopes once. I started out with Meopta and now chiefly use S&B glass. I consider the Bausch & Lomb to be comparable in terms of clarity and brightness but I have to say it suffered from short eye relief which was a problem with the rifle I had it mounted on at the time and it is also a long scope and so looked a bit ungainly when mounted. If it's a minter I'd base the price on 60% of the equivalent Bushnell. If it isn't then knock the price down accordingly.

Kind regards,

Tim