Thread: Ireland HCAP v dsc for Coillte

Ireland HCAP v dsc for Coillte

Had a phone call today asking if I wanted to stalk on some Coillte land-Im over next month stalking but quite fancy taking up the invite as its a huge bit of ground.

HCAP cert was mentioned as a requirement, but I suspect dsc1 is acceptable for non residents. Does anyone know the facts on this ref HCAP for non res?

Quote Originally Posted by dryan View Post
    Had a phone call today asking if I wanted to stalk on some Coillte land-Im over next month stalking but quite fancy taking up the invite as its a huge bit of ground.

HCAP cert was mentioned as a requirement, but I suspect dsc1 is acceptable for non residents. Does anyone know the facts on this ref HCAP for non res?
    Go onto Coillte web-site, i read something recently on there about visitors with similar qualification to Hcap can get a pass for 14 days, if i find it i will stick it up here

found the document you need
    its the Coillte Codes of Practice, the bit you need is on page 1 -- stalking permit holders (restricted )

http://www.coillteoutdoors.ie/filead...ctice_2012.pdf

We did the HCAP it a bit of a joke if you have done DSC1 but now can shoot in any coillte wood land, what gutting is we have just it new land and now we don't need it..