Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Complete stalking set up for 1000 or under

Complete stalking set up for 1000 or under

Hi I am looking for a complete stalking set up (gun wise) I am applying for my FAC on my 18th so will be hopefully getting the gun soon after. I am looking for the gun, scope and mod at a minimum and any extra will be good like a bipod. I am looking to buy second hand so if any one knows of any offers please post hear.

I was thinking of 308 calibre yes or no
    for muntys to fallow and I have the opertunity to go boar shooting as well

thanks

roughly a hundred or so that meet your requirements:

guntrader.co.uk: Gun Search Results[NewType][]=Rifle&Filter[NewMechanism][]=Bolt%20Action&Filter[Calibre][]=.308&perPage=30&sortField=Price&sortOrder=asc&ski pNo=120

The link isnt much help RE prices! 1

Sorry lol, been browsing the site, and doing a few searches..... just found the gun of my dreams, for a bargain.... thanks for the link!!!
    Last edited by Hill Stalker; 25-10-2012 at 13:13.

links gets onto the site, perform a search from there. nobody will find a great deal on a gun for him!

cheers Andy... apologies for my previous reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie b View Post
    Hi I am looking for a complete stalking set up (gun wise) I am applying for my FAC on my 18th so will be hopefully getting the gun soon after. I am looking for the gun, scope and mod at a minimum and any extra will be good like a bipod. I am looking to buy second hand so if any one knows of any offers please post hear.

I was thinking of 308 calibre yes or no
    for muntys to fallow and I have the opertunity to go boar shooting as well

thanks
    .308 is a good choice (as long as you have land approved for that calibre - or booking to prove good reason) as you will have plenty of options ammo wise and relativly cheap too. Its also suitable for boar.

I'd find a decent second hand scope first (you could do that now), suggest a decent second hand german optics, or an american variable. Should be able to get a good one for under 500 with a bit of looking.

There should be quite a few second hand .308's available (have a good search on guntrader), and some may even come with a second hand moderator.

All the best in your quest!

Regards

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Hill Stalker View Post
    cheers Andy... apologies for my previous reply.
    No problem!

what is your budget?
    what kind of stalking will you be doing most of?

thanks i will start looking for scopes but do you not think it would be better to wait for a good deal on every thing

shooting times 17 October. Savage Axis, scope, mounts all for 750 all you need si to buy the moderator and bullets job done.