Available: Fallow & Muntjac Cull weekend (North London) - March 8th - 10th 2013

IanF

Hi Folks,

Following the success of last year’s event, we are looking at offering a further weekend of good craic & shooting.

As before, we have arranged the use of a hunt club, its facilities & grounds for up to 12 stalkers to join in a collaborative cull, first come first served, for the sort of weekend that gets folk coming back for more! We have selected a shoot in early March so as not to co-incide with either the pheasant season or roost shooting. Hopefully this will make attending a bit easier for some who work 'in the trade'!

IMG_2614.jpg

The club now has some 15,000 acres of grounds in Hertfordshire, covered by 50+ high-seats. Species are primarily Fallow and Muntjac. You are assisting in providing a major part of the 300 deer, yearly cull, on grounds which are not otherwise extensively shot.

Cost: Held at £400 per person, to include range zero session, gralloching team/coaching, four outings, sleeping bag accommodation, all cull deer (no limit on numbers), breakfasts and evening meals.

A deposit of £100 will secure your place, with the balance being due by the 27th January 2013. I will hold deposits and deal with all the event organization.

Here's the detail:

Join AM Friday 8th - Leave Sunday 10th March after morning shoot.
Prove zero from high seat - either shoot a min 4" group on the target, or you will not be allowed to shoot.
4x outings, unaccompanied hunting, conducted from high seats only. 15,00+ acres & 50+ high-seats makes for quite some opportunities.
Shooting Fri eve, Sat morning & eve, Sunday morning - wash up and leave late Sunday morning.

JesusCWD.jpg

Organization

• Hunt Club owner's word is law, & his decision on procedure etc is final!
• You require a current, deer conditioned FAC and insurance (BASC etc) as well as a UK Deer legal rifle (.240 or larger).
• All deer to be chest shot, unlimited cull Bucks or Does, (Fallow or Muntjac) included in cost.
• Gralloching team will deal with the animals back at the club. Best practice coaching by DSC2 AWs available if required.
• Unsaleable venison will be charged to the shooter at dealer rates. To ensure shooting is conducted accurately & within your abilities, wounded / lost animals charged at £200. Naturally, no second animals to be shot unless you are certain that your first hit was both accurate and fatal.
• Limited sleeping bag accommodation is available on-site, as well as there being a local Travelodge / Days inn (5 mins drive). Booking early will give good value, especially as the family rooms can be shared between up to four!
• This is a cull hunt - however, it is possible that you may see a trophy beast. Costs of the trophies will be confirmed shortly. There is also the chance for trophy CWD for those wishing to hunt for them - please advise me if you would like the opportunity.

MountedMunjacBuck640x480.jpg

If you would like to attend - please post your name on this thread & send me a PM, including your email address & full contact details. On receipt of deposits, I will then update a list of those with confirmed places!

Thanks for your interest & hope to see you soon!

Rgds

Ian :)

Last edited:
No problem Martyn.

Will be good to see you again, if for no other reason than you seem to attract medal bucks & Wild Boar each time you visit! :)

Rgds

Ian & Jo :)

I am interested and have sent a pm, however i just realised if i am flying into heathrow on the 8th i wont have time to get my rifle, will it be possible to borrow one.
Regards
Ian

Thanks for the interest folks, to all those that are already booked - looking forward to another great weekend!

MS - would be great to have you along - if only for the 'Lynx effect'! A man who can draw in that many does is useful on a cull shoot! ;)

Murray, would be great to see you, but due to the terrain we do need to use high-seats. If you fancy something similar, but catering to your gibbon-like climbing ability, just get in touch. At worst, I can put get you out on the ground on a camouflaged quad with a shooting rail. The Fallow will not know the difference! :)

Rgds

Ian & Jo :)

Last edited:
All places now filled and deposits received - looking forward to seeing you folks in the New Year!

Further information will be coming out shortly via Email, but any interim queries - just get in touch.

Regards

hi there,
im very intrested in this, but im still queit new to stalking, i do have my dsc1 though, my fac is closed for .243 would i have to add this easte on on first
many thanks
simon

Folks - we have had one shooter drop out due to family commitments.

ONE PLACE only is available if you fancy joining with fourteen other stalkers for a cull weekend.

Give me an Email and we can get you booked for a couple days of excellent value shooting & the world-class BS'ing that occurs when you get a group of stalkers together. :)

A truly excellent opportunity for further 'best practice' training, as we have two AWs available for gralloch coaching etc.

Rgds

Back