Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Parker Hale Scope rings

Parker Hale Scope rings

Hello,

I'm looking for a set of the RAHS3 parker Hale rings. I have a set of the RALS3 but they are to short for my scope. I have a Parker Hale Safari Super Deluxe with the integral bases and finding rings is becoming a major issue. Oh and I'm in Canada... which I just noticed this post is very similar to one posted yesterday.

Thanks in Advance.

Hi
    May I suggest you take a look at the Emma Custom rifles web site, he usually has a good supply.

regards

Colin

Quote Originally Posted by Onelesscharlie View Post
    Hi
    May I suggest you take a look at the Emma Custom rifles web site, he usually has a good supply.

regards

Colin
    Just be prepared to take out a mortage though. Yep just checked he wants 75 for a set of them.

Sadly RAHS.3's are getting more difficult to find as you noticed and some are fetching daft money on the bay.

If your really stuck I do have one spare set of RAHS.3's in almost new condition.

Emma Custom has some silly prices and he won't move in my experience

ebay and sites like this are better

I've contacted emma and the price is even higher than the site. Did you say you had a pair of RAHS3's?

Brithunter is a good bloke to deal with. He just sorted me out with a pair of PH rings at sensible money. Wish everybody was as helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by duanebg View Post
    I've contacted emma and the price is even higher than the site. Did you say you had a pair of RAHS3's?
    Yes I do have a "spare" set of RAHS.3 rings. Will photograph them in daylight tomorrow for you to see.

The ones cyberstag had were RALS.4's. The lows are easier to find of course but all are getting harder as you found out.

yes please do. I Have the RALS3's sadly finding a scope for them may be just as challenging

Quote Originally Posted by duanebg View Post
    yes please do. I Have the RALS3's sadly finding a scope for them may be just as challenging
    I don't see the problem finding a suitable scope, that is unless you want one that's the little brother to Hubble, something with 42/45mm objective fits fine on the Parker-Hale rifles even with lows.

These are the RAHS.3's that I have spare.

The difference bewteen the RALS.3's and the RAHS.3's clearly shown. The lows also show more wear to the finish.

Now here is the sort of scope which suits the rifle a treat:-

Shown with a new pair of earlier rounded top RALS.4's as the scope has a 26mm tube. It's a Lisenfeld 6x42.

Here is a no brand 6x42 which has a std Duplex reticle:-

I used a similar scope on my Brno ZKK 601 in .308 from new until I acquired the Zeiss jena ZK4/N that was meant for the rifle.

50+mm objectives and 30mm tubes are where the problem lies and I cannot help wondering if this is more fad than need for such things . As an example here is my 1200C with a Simmon 6-18x40AO competition scope fitted in Leupold std mounts:-

And then here with a Schmidt & Bender 6x42:-

I do not like these Leupold "Redfield Junior" type mounts but they came on the rifle and have been glued in place the screws need drilling the heads off to get the bases off due to the type and amount of Locitite some idiot used.

I have a leupold vx-3. And the bolt handle contacts the rear of the scope. I should say just. I don't think the vx-3 is anything odd, but saying that the contact is maybe a few mm. I even just tried it to confirm I'm not just simple, and doing this wrong. What sort of price would you be looking for? Pm me if that works better.
    Last edited by duanebg; 27-10-2012 at 13:20.