Guntrader , have you had any success ? Am I overpriced ?

Acm

Have any of you had any success using guntrader to sell rifles . I have a ruger .22-250 I want to sell , it's advertised on here but I don't seem to be getting any interest . I am asking 120 for the bare rifle and its in good working order but I can't seem to shift it . It's an honest gun and I've tried to be honest in the advert . If anyone could give me some pointers I'd really appreciate it .
many thanks

Sold some rifles on GT but had a lot of time wasters as I was offering it to be tried on my range before you buy. But at that price I would part ex it to be honest.
Andrew

Personally I have put mine on gun star had much more success on there than GT sounds like a good bargain though good luck with it anyway....

Nah, had my old 7mm08 Tikka T3 on there for about a month and had 1 enquiry, eventually Part ex'd it with Steve Beaty at Ivythorn.

Sold my Beretta silver pigeon 3 for the asking price within the month, had three callers, two of them were tyre kickers, one wanted the gun knocked down by £400 as HE wanted to have it retro fitted with multichokes and it was going to cost him £400! Cheeky barsteward!

Sold a hammer gun for £200 more than offered by a gun shop within a week, I think it depends what you are tryin to sell.

I just bought at a Sako 75 in 398 for my brother, I didn't to ask the seller as to how long the rifle had been advertised on GT. all in all it was a very simple process. The seller sounded like a gentleman and was very fair. I just hope my brother fets his FAC approved before the end of the hind season. Good luck with the sale.

Sold 2 shotguns and a .243 Mannlicher Stutzen on there. All went fairly quickly - within the month & only negotiated a little backwards on the Stutzen. Worked for me. :)

I've sold a 7mm RM custom, CZ 452 rimfire and Grade 5 Browning B425 20 bore on GT. The RM took a while but went eventually. The other two went within a fortnight and for the asking price.

When selling the RM I was advised to post a pic of a target with a nice tight group. I appreciate these can easily be faked, but it did seem to generate interest. Might be worth a go.

Have any of you had any success using guntrader to sell rifles . I have a ruger .22-250 I want to sell , it's advertised on here but I don't seem to be getting any interest . I am asking 120 for the bare rifle and its in good working order but I can't seem to shift it . It's an honest gun and I've tried to be honest in the advert . If anyone could give me some pointers I'd really appreciate it .
many thanks

Have you pulled the listing? I just tried searching for it, but had no luck.

I always find the problem with selling any firearms is (excuse the pun) limited target audience.
i.e. what percentage of the people who are looking on guntrader have an empty slot for a 22-250?

Shotguns are different, with a SGC you can impulse buy.... not with FAC though

many thanks

ACM,

I suspect it's the tasteful stag motif that is acting against you in this instance and to a lesser extent the fact that it's a Ruger. I consider Rugers to be attractive rifles but, right or wrong, they do have a question mark over them in terms of accuracy. This is a particularly prevalent opinion in the American market which dates back to when Ruger sub-contracted barrel manufacture. Your rifle could easily be turned into a nice working rig by putting a Hogue on it at the budget end of the market or better still a McSwirley in what the Americans call the 'Coyote Bomber' pattern which I think looks particulary good on blued rifles.

Good luck,

Tim

ACM,

I suspect it's the tasteful stag motif that is acting against you in this instance and to a lesser extent the fact that it's a Ruger. I consider Rugers to be attractive rifles but, right or wrong, they do have a question mark over them in terms of accuracy. This is a particularly prevalent opinion in the American market which dates back to when Ruger sub-contracted barrel manufacture. Your rifle could easily be turned into a nice working rig by putting a Hogue on it at the budget end of the market or better still a McSwirley in what the Americans call the 'Coyote Bomber' pattern which I think looks particulary good on blued rifles.

Good luck,

Tim

Thanks Tim , if I'm honest I suspected as much with the stags .
,many thanks

Thanks Tim , if I'm honest I suspected as much with the stags .
,many thanks

Even so, at the money you're asking it's a steal and I would say there's plenty in there if anyone does want to re-stock it. Times are hard.

Kind regards,

Tim

Back