Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jagd & Hund Show?

Jagd & Hund Show?

http://www.westfalenhallen.de/messen...hund/en/49.php

A friend and I are seriously thinking about going over to the Jagd & Hund show in Dortmund next January and wondered if anyone on here had been before. What did you think of the show and was it worth the travel over?

Any recommendations regarding the travelling or places to stay? A quick glance appears to show that there are very few direct flights and the ones that are direct are expensive...

Thanks.

A mate of mine drove last year and plans to go again every few years ,said it was well worth the journey !
    Norma

[QUOTE=norma 308;460516]A mate of mine drove last year and plans to go again every few years ,said it was well worth the journey !
    Norma[/QUOTE

Drive is the easy way ferry from Hull to Rotterdam E31, E34, E41 westfalenhallen is well sign posted, you will enjoy the show plenty of good kit for sale time to save,the pennies .

Thanks for the replies so far guys.

im only half an hour from hull if you need to stop over for a kip and grub before the crossing if you decide to do that, atb wayne

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Quote Originally Posted by mereside View Post
    im only half an hour from hull if you need to stop over for a kip and grub before the crossing if you decide to do that, atb wayne
    thanks for the offer mate. We only have 3 days including travel and day at fair so looks like we may leave on 29th to travel over, attend fair the next day and come home day after that so it is liely we willbe flying. I'll keep it in mind though Wayne...

Quote Originally Posted by jamross65 View Post
    thanks for the offer mate. We only have 3 days including travel and day at fair so looks like we may leave on 29th to travel over, attend fair the next day and come home day after that so it is liely we willbe flying. I'll keep it in mind though Wayne...
    Jam .the ferry is over night gets in to Rotterdam for 0800ish it's only a 2 and a half hour drive to Dortmund the ferry return doesn't leave for rotterdam for Hull till around 2030 hrs .

Flying is a pain from Scotland to Germany there's nothing direct at all.
    Last edited by widows son; 25-10-2012 at 22:10.

Quote Originally Posted by jamross65 View Post
    Brian,
    I'm 10 mins from the ferry terminal & I could get my gun slip back
    Any luck with the 14th Nov for 2 of us? If not what have you in Dec?

Cheers
    Pete

There is quite a lot to see and in one day you will only scratch the surface but if you have not been before well worth a visit.

I went with some friends last year. It is a really great show.

We are flying from Luton by Easyjet - flights were 60ish return incl taxes. We are staying at the same place as last year which works out about 50 each for two nights - was really clean and good.

Easyjet have an early morning flight to Dortmund and a late night one back so you can get away with one night in a hotel but two days at the show.

Taxis were not much when bust up between us and it was 10 Euros to get in.

As others have said the selection of different kit is extensive and the whole show revolves very much around deer, boar, big game and fishing as opposed to bird shooting.

Well worth the trip.