Jagd & Hund Show?

jamross65

http://www.westfalenhallen.de/messen/jagd_und_hund/en/49.php

A friend and I are seriously thinking about going over to the Jagd & Hund show in Dortmund next January and wondered if anyone on here had been before. What did you think of the show and was it worth the travel over?

Any recommendations regarding the travelling or places to stay? A quick glance appears to show that there are very few direct flights and the ones that are direct are expensive...

Thanks.

A mate of mine drove last year and plans to go again every few years ,said it was well worth the journey !
Norma

A mate of mine drove last year and plans to go again every few years ,said it was well worth the journey !
Norma[/QUOTE

Drive is the easy way ferry from Hull to Rotterdam E31, E34, E41 westfalenhallen is well sign posted, you will enjoy the show plenty of good kit for sale time to save,the pennies .

im only half an hour from hull if you need to stop over for a kip and grub before the crossing if you decide to do that, atb wayne

im only half an hour from hull if you need to stop over for a kip and grub before the crossing if you decide to do that, atb wayne

thanks for the offer mate. We only have 3 days including travel and day at fair so looks like we may leave on 29th to travel over, attend fair the next day and come home day after that so it is liely we willbe flying. I'll keep it in mind though Wayne...

thanks for the offer mate. We only have 3 days including travel and day at fair so looks like we may leave on 29th to travel over, attend fair the next day and come home day after that so it is liely we willbe flying. I'll keep it in mind though Wayne...

Jam .the ferry is over night gets in to Rotterdam for 0800ish it's only a 2 and a half hour drive to Dortmund the ferry return doesn't leave for rotterdam for Hull till around 2030 hrs .

Flying is a pain from Scotland to Germany there's nothing direct at all.

Last edited:

Brian,
I'm 10 mins from the ferry terminal & I could get my gun slip back:lol:
Any luck with the 14th Nov for 2 of us? If not what have you in Dec?

Cheers
Pete

There is quite a lot to see and in one day you will only scratch the surface but if you have not been before well worth a visit.

I went with some friends last year. It is a really great show.

We are flying from Luton by Easyjet - flights were £60ish return incl taxes. We are staying at the same place as last year which works out about £50 each for two nights - was really clean and good.

Easyjet have an early morning flight to Dortmund and a late night one back so you can get away with one night in a hotel but two days at the show.

Taxis were not much when bust up between us and it was 10 Euros to get in.

As others have said the selection of different kit is extensive and the whole show revolves very much around deer, boar, big game and fishing as opposed to bird shooting.

Well worth the trip.

We went two years ago well worth the trip, think as someone already has said not that easy to get to from Scotland, we got a direct flight to Cologne and then as there was five of us we booked a taxi company online to take us to our accommodation which was quite close to the exhibition hall and then he picked us up from the show after the second day and took us back to Cologne airport (about an hour and a half if i remember right), which worked out cheaper than taking the train from Cologne to Dortmund or a flight to Luton then on to Dortmund

We went for two days and probably needed a third, go you won't be disappointed.

Moose

I have worked there 3 or 4 time helping a German pal out on his dog tracking equipment stand.
You need 2 days as a minimum to really get into the corners and not to miss anything and the dog show is very good too.
Sunday tends to be a flop as all the Germans mob it trying to get the exhibitors to drop their prices at the last moment so is very crowded.
I may well be there again next year.
Martin

:tiphat: Hi Jamross!
I live about 40 minutes south of Dortmund....
I am on the fare every year, several days, also working on a dog "stand"....
I highly recommend to fly in, its easy, cheap and quick!
if you would like to get some local support: just send me a personal email!
Maybe you would like to stay some more days, do some sightseeing or even hunting?... just let me know!
Cheers, I believe Dortmund is worth a travel, also the times of getting special sales are declining....
M.

:tiphat: Hi Jamross!
I live about 40 minutes south of Dortmund....
I am on the fare every year, several days, also working on a dog "stand"....
I highly recommend to fly in, its easy, cheap and quick!
if you would like to get some local support: just send me a personal email!
Maybe you would like to stay some more days, do some sightseeing or even hunting?... just let me know!
Cheers, I believe Dortmund is worth a travel, also the times of getting special sales are declining....
M.

Thanks for the advice and a very kind offer however, we will likely only have a whole day and possibly an afternoon on the day of arrival to attend.

the flights from Scotland are not good to Dortmund so it looks like possibly flying to a nearby city and driving a hire car or taxi depending on cost and how far away. Ferry would also be an option but don't think we have enough time for that given the overnight travel at either end.

I am hoping to see one or two off the site there, Hales Smut last year asked me if I was going so may see him this and Rudi perhaps if he is going. I will certainly get in touch before we go and track you down during the day.

Many thanks to all who have replied.

Back