Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally I have my FAC !!!

Talking Finally I have my FAC !!!

Well finally after a very very long wait I have received my FAC which has came as an open certificate much to my delight !!! Now the decision of rifle , looking for a good .243 stuck between a howa 1500 fluted or the browning x bolt , I have heard the howa 1500 can produce some really good groups , and is also alot cheaper !!!! What's your thoughts guys ??

Sparky

Quote Originally Posted by sparkyal View Post
    Well finally after a very very long wait I have received my FAC which has came as an open certificate much to my delight !!! Now the decision of rifle , looking for a good .243 stuck between a howa 1500 fluted or the browning x bolt , I have heard the howa 1500 can produce some really good groups , and is also alot cheaper !!!! What's your thoughts guys ??

Sparky
    Hate to burst you bubble and the person that told you the howa 1500 produces good groups .

Fact is if it is zeroed correctly, it is down to the person thats pulling the trigger, that is producing the groups ,having a good quality optic on the top of it may help a little, the ammunition can also be a factor to multiple holes in the target all in the correct place ,put all three and practice together and you've then got the winning combination.

Thanks widows son ,

I understand totally and am a very competent shot !! Was just wondering which would be the best purchase of the two rifles would be best in the long run

Thanks

Sparky

All off the above. Plus lots practice and shooting at different distances.

Andrew

Personally I'd take the Howa over the Browning. Grouping on either rifle could be excellent out of the box or average in which case start home loading so you can create a perfect rifle for both foxing and deer.

I went for a Remy 700 so I could fiddle with it and with the carbon fibre stock it is extremal light and seriously accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkyal View Post

Sparky
    Hi
    When I went to buy my .243 I looked at the Howa,Browning and lots more but ended up with the TIKKA T3 Light as it felt right for me and fitted well.

I think you should buy my Sauer!

Thanks ths84 ,

Much appreciated , salmo - if I didn't have such a huge tax bill to pay in January I would defo take you up on the sauer haha ,

Thanks for all the comments !

Howa or a Tikka, the browning is the worst of those two by quite a margin IMO I have a Tikka and Howa and both are cracking rifles.......