Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: moderator

I am having a rifle built in 6.5 with a heavy barrel, any thoughts on which thread to put on the muzzle end for a moderator. I haven't bought a moderator as yet.....probably a A-TEC though.

Good choice, Im very happy with my Atec its the best that I have used considering the size and weight. I suggest you might get your gunsmith to duracoat it this will save you buying / making cover etc,

Regards,
    Glendine.
    Last edited by Glendine; 26-10-2012 at 14:41.

I like my Spartan mod from third eye tactical. Pretty sure the thread is 18x1 but the barrel is HEAVY

If it's a heavy, bull barrel beast, why bother with a super light moderator? You could do worse than getting a Jet-z. Very effective, solidly built steel, yet very compact. I've not heard of one being shot out yet. A regular squirt of WD40 inside it stops any corrosion.

Ian

T8 , tough as old boots and with a bit of wd40 will last for ages.Good sound reduction as well.
    Nik..

Quote Originally Posted by dropmdead View Post
    I am having a rifle built in 6.5 with a heavy barrel, any thoughts on which thread to put on the muzzle end for a moderator. I haven't bought a moderator as yet.....probably a A-TEC though.
    DD, I would definitely go for a spigotted thread with my choice being M14, M15 or perhaps M18 if profile allows.

Kind regards,

Tim

If you are going to expense of having rifle built why not go the whole hog and have Simon Lawrence make the mod for you - you will not be disappointed He will put the thread on the barrel and the to two will fit like a glove.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelspin View Post
    T8 , tough as old boots and with a bit of wd40 will last for ages.Good sound reduction as well.
    Nik..
    slowly slowly catch a monkey..

Jet-z all The way best mod i'v ever owned