Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Berghaus Kibo Boots

Berghaus Kibo Boots

I have read quite a few threads where members are looking for new boots and opinions on which are best.

After a lot of research I have bought a pair of Berghaus Kibo's . . . . I looked at all the usual suspects, Meindl, Harkila, Crispi etc and concluded that for the money, {175.00} and in terms of features the Kibo's were unbeatable . . . time will tell how well they wear and how long they last.
    I intend pairing them with a set of Yeti gaiters so i'm hoping for a good winter outfit.

Maybe worth considering if like me you stalk cold wet ground.

Alright, How's things.

If ur going down the yeti route i jist found an ebay shop that sells them for 25-40 quid ex army.
    About 70ish for new pair

Like them that much I've jist bought a second pair and there like new, well chuft

I had the light weight corduru berghaus boots with the yeti gaiters years back.

They were great, water tight and light weight.

Quote Originally Posted by countrryboy View Post
    Alright, How's things.

If ur going down the yeti route i jist found an ebay shop that sells them for 25-40 quid ex army.
    About 70ish for new pair

Like them that much I've jist bought a second pair and there like new, well chuft
    Hi pal, hope your well.
    I already had the yeti's . . . I tried to fit them to my Brashers GTX's but the bastwards wouldnt fit properly, the sole wasn't stiff enough and the yeti's just distorted them all out of shape.
    I wish I had known about the ebay shop . . . mine cost 80 knicker, although they are the insulated ones.
    I'm heading to the hinds this coming week so we'll see how they perform on the hill.

Maybe i'm just a pussy, but have you ever bought a product that was so hard to fit . . . . I even broke one of my stick on false nails

Update on my Berghaus Kibo boots and Yeti gaiters -

As I type this they are both currently winging their way back to Berghaus . . .

The gaiters rubber rand has split in three different places and the Kibo boots, as comfy and warm as they were, have lost a lacing eyelet . . . . this combination cost the best part of 300 quid 4 weeks ago and they have already developed faults . . . . . I am not a happy bunny.

I should have went for the Crispi Stegs I fear !!!!

Lets see what Berghaus have to say about it.

Meindl Dovre extreme. Nuff said !

Have to agree with biffo on that Cadex, you'd have saved yourself the grief !

Rgds, Buck.
    "let him without sin cast the first stone"

Quote Originally Posted by biffo View Post
    Meindl Dovre extreme. Nuff said !
    60s sprung soled hill boots ,70-80s screw on comando soles ,90s fabric and rubber , then i found Meindl ,yes the only fault of the Meindl Dovre is they are 40 odd years too late,i have two prs on the go ,

I have written a damning report back to Berghaus UK and also the supplier I bought them from . . lets hope their customer service is up to scratch and they issue me with a full refund.

Cardex if they are faulty you should insist on your money back and by law they must give you a full refund. I think I have read other threads on the law on refunds for defective gear. Perhaps if you run a search on the SD site it will through up past threads. Good luck. ps recently got the Meindle dovre and really impressed