Thread: Sealskinz Hunting Gloves

Sealskinz Hunting Gloves

Been looking at these gloves, should these be skin tight or slightly looser, dexterity v's warm. As I know too tight can cause your hands to get cold, too lose and you lose you lose the dexterity you need for shooting. anyone tried these let me know?

I have a pair that a work well, they're not waterproof because there are two bloody great holes in them. that said they do keep the workers of the wet out and only become a problem is you submerge your hands. Go for the sporting and not hunting, as they have the additional folding thumb.

I have a pair of these,they are quite a snug fit and ok until you take them off.They are very tricky to get on when wet!

Love my pair - very warm. Definitely go for the sporting too

Do they need to be skin tight, ie medium fit or should I go for a large with a bit of extra room. Ie do they shrink a bit after getting very wet and being dried out?

Quote Originally Posted by Sako Hunter View Post
    Do they need to be skin tight, ie medium fit or should I go for a large with a bit of extra room. Ie do they shrink a bit after getting very wet and being dried out?
    They don't shrink and if you go onto the Seal Skinz web site, there's a size guide for you to measure your hands to get the fit right. Mine are close fitting but not tight.

I love mine I got the full finger version and fit nicely with a bit of room but like mine to be a little big tbh, primarily for wildfowling but do use the for rifle shooting but not as easy as using a shotgun, but they are the best gloves I've had by a longshot and that's been a few that's for sure, got mine from uttings for 36 it was worth every penny IMO

I had a pair of these gloves, holes appeared in them after 1 seasons use, i sent them back to the manufacturer and they didn't want to know, would never buy another pair, there are much better gloves for the money.