Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SIka Stags

SIka Stags

Sika deer are my main area of hunting intrest in the UK or the Republick of Ireland !

Hence I'm intrested to know good pay to hunt spots for Sika deer in ,

Southern England

Scotland

Northern Ireland

Republick of Ireland

There is a lot of very good stalking for sika in the Republic of Ireland and there are quite a few guides working in that area, I think John Fenton in particular gets a very good reputation and has a lot of decent ground. The Wicklow area with someone like John Fenton would certainly be a worthwhile trip even if you were coming a great distance.

There is very little sika stalking available to guests in Northern Ireland and I would suggest that what there is can be on the expensive side, especially for trophy stags. I don't think I could recommend anyone to come a great distance to stalk Sika in Northern Ireland unless they had a LOT of cash in their pockets or had some good reason to overlook much better sport somewhere like Wicklow.

Scotland has a reasonable amount of sika stalking with guides/stalkers available to take guests out. It must be said that traditional Scottish hill stalking for red deer is just about the classic form of stalking here in the UK and it would be a shame coming to Scotland and not doing it, especially coming from so far away. I know your interest is in sika but coming to Scotland and ignoring the red deer stalking in favour of sika would be like travelling to Africa to shoot a whitetail deer - you might get one and you might have good fun but you'd have missed out on something.
    For self catering accommodation on the Isle of Lewis please visit:
    http://www.7south.co.uk/

Take a look on the internet for anybody offering Sika in Poole Dorset..

Got some real beauties and plenty of them
    Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...

Quote Originally Posted by caorach View Post
    There is a lot of very good stalking for sika in the Republic of Ireland and there are quite a few guides working in that area, I think John Fenton in particular gets a very good reputation and has a lot of decent ground. The Wicklow area with someone like John Fenton would certainly be a worthwhile trip even if you were coming a great distance.

There is very little sika stalking available to guests in Northern Ireland and I would suggest that what there is can be on the expensive side, especially for trophy stags. I don't think I could recommend anyone to come a great distance to stalk Sika in Northern Ireland unless they had a LOT of cash in their pockets or had some good reason to overlook much better sport somewhere like Wicklow.

Scotland has a reasonable amount of sika stalking with guides/stalkers available to take guests out. It must be said that traditional Scottish hill stalking for red deer is just about the classic form of stalking here in the UK and it would be a shame coming to Scotland and not doing it, especially coming from so far away. I know your interest is in sika but coming to Scotland and ignoring the red deer stalking in favour of sika would be like travelling to Africa to shoot a whitetail deer - you might get one and you might have good fun but you'd have missed out on something.
    I list those places because I'd like a decent 8 pointer from each of those locations at some point .The Red stag while it would be fine to get one doesn't call me as a Sika Stag does .

The same can be said for New Zealand and Hokkaido Japan !

IF I ever make the trip to New Zealand it'll be specifically for the Sika Stag and thats another place that has some awesome Red's .

Quote Originally Posted by 6pt-sika View Post
    Sika deer are my main area of hunting intrest in the UK or the Republick of Ireland !

Hence I'm intrested to know good pay to hunt spots for Sika deer in ,

Southern England

Scotland

Northern Ireland

Republick of Ireland
    Private Message Jamross 65 on here,you won't go wrong with him,very very good stalking with a nice host and plenty of sika to shoot/see.

https://m.facebook.com/UKSHA-502164506587351/
    Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Superb sika stalking around loch ness.
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

[QUOTE=limulus;461874]Superb sika stalking around loch ness.

the south side of the loch is far better than the north!!!

Give dunmaglass estate a bell they have some really good sika stalking.

atb

ally

Quote Originally Posted by 6pt-sika View Post
    I list those places because I'd like a decent 8 pointer from each of those locations at some point .The Red stag while it would be fine to get one doesn't call me as a Sika Stag does .

The same can be said for New Zealand and Hokkaido Japan !

IF I ever make the trip to New Zealand it'll be specifically for the Sika Stag and thats another place that has some awesome Red's .
    Ah, I see.

The attraction of stalking reds in Scotland is playing a small part in a long tradition of stalking and management that goes back for many years and has little or nothing to do with trophy size but rather is about the experience and having a remarkable day, or few days, on the hill. Even hind stalking in the winter is a wonderful experience.

I shot an 8 point sika on Friday and while it is great to do the trophy doesn't compare to the excitement, tradition and experience of a day on the hill in Scotland.
    For self catering accommodation on the Isle of Lewis please visit:
    http://www.7south.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by caorach View Post
    Ah, I see.

The attraction of stalking reds in Scotland is playing a small part in a long tradition of stalking and management that goes back for many years and has little or nothing to do with trophy size but rather is about the experience and having a remarkable day, or few days, on the hill. Even hind stalking in the winter is a wonderful experience.

I shot an 8 point sika on Friday and while it is great to do the trophy doesn't compare to the excitement, tradition and experience of a day on the hill in Scotland.
    We have many folks in the USA that make their living from hunting Whitetails for the TV camera . While that is their right etc etc it isn't exactly my cup of tea either . I'm all for the trophy hunter or the meat hunter , but when they start condemming others because they don't follow the same guidelines as them selves thats where I draw the line .

I have several whitetails mounted and hanging on my wall and while none are big enough for the book they have special meanings to me .

What do you guys call hunting from a high seat ?

Is that included in the term stalking or do you have another term for that ?

I am curiouse because to be honest I prefer to sit somewhere above the deer and wait for them to come to me .