Thread: Camera blues

Camera blues

Fed up of not having the right camera while out stalking, need something capable of taking a usable panoramic shot, as well as the "Trophy" type pic, how much will I need to budget, & how small /portable can I get it? would be grateful for those who can advise to reply, Steve.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    Fed up of not having the right camera while out stalking, need something capable of taking a usable panoramic shot, as well as the "Trophy" type pic, how much will I need to budget, & how small /portable can I get it? would be grateful for those who can advise to reply, Steve.
    If you just want a point and shoot then this will do.

Olympus VR-340 Digital Compact Camera - Black 3 inch: Amazon.co.uk: Camera Photo

You cannot go wrong with a Canon digital Ixus, brilliant cameras for the money!
    I'm telling Captain - from the Wee'est of men.

The technology in cameras seems to move very fast plus with everyone having a reasonable camera on their mobile phone now the camera companies have been hit quite hard in their smaller camera ranges, which is probably what you are looking for.

There are lots of really decent cameras out there and most of the big names make a decent camera so my advice would be to go on a site like Amazon and pick something they have on offer at a good price from one of the big names. What they have on offer and the deals available change almost daily so it is hard to point someone at a specific camera but once you start looking it will not be long before you get an idea of what you require.
    For self catering accommodation on the Isle of Lewis please visit:
    http://www.7south.co.uk/

I use a FujiFilm Finepix z20 as my 'hunting camera'- small, light, slips in a pocket, takes pics to a standard that I'm happy with. And easy-peasy point 'n' press for a sausage -fingered chump like me.
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.

This is my hunting camera, it is not the smallest but I require full manual features on my cameras.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1KEB-K 16MP Compact System Camera: Amazon.co.uk: Camera Photo

It has taken some stunning photos so far and I have only had it for a month or so.

Quote Originally Posted by merlin View Post
    I use a FujiFilm Finepix z20 as my 'hunting camera'- small, light, slips in a pocket, takes pics to a standard that I'm happy with. And easy-peasy point 'n' press for a sausage -fingered chump like me.
    Got one of these, great little camera for those close in "Trophy" shots, but virtually useless for anything on from 30 feet outwards.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

I've been using a Canon Powershot sx210 for a couple of years and highly recommend it.
    Does everything I want it to and easy to use.
    Virtutis Gloria Merces