Best length for piece of string

Dovebob

All,

I like to have a piece of string with me when I go out stalking. I currently favour 1.5 metres of yellow and green para chord.

I'd be interested to hear about others string preferences.

Cheers

Bob

I use 8mm rope but, while I think it is fine for smaller species I think it might be marginal for the larger.

Will 10mm be okay for all my hunting or too much? :lol:

It isn't string you want at all, you want some of the new kevlar matrix super strong suspension bridge hawser as this is the only thing that you can use if you are stalking in many areas of Scotland where the hills can be so tall that you can't see the tops of them, even from half way up.

If you ring my mate Fred at extremely-expensive-guns.com he will sort you out with some. You will also need the type of rucksack used by super secret American special forces. This contains all the equipment necessary for turning up late to World Wars and losing all the other wars you take part in plus some special targeting equipment which ensures that the enemy are perfectly safe but allowing you to accurately target your allies. The rucksack also has a special compartment for your kevlar matrix super strong suspension bridge hawser.

I'd say you'll need at least 400 yards of it.

I prefer to recycle the farmer's friend, usually get some stock off the old gates that have been shut for twenty odd years!:lol:

That's my usual practice too. There's plenty tied to fence posts, gates which has been there for many a year. If I need string I recycle what's around me.

The eco warriors will be very proud of me!

That's my usual practice too. There's plenty tied to fence posts, gates which has been there for many a year. If I need string I recycle what's around me.

The eco warriors will be very proud of me!
Just noticed your By- line!........ Fu***n' hilarious~! would that be 10 gauge two & a quarter ounces each tube BB's?

i like to carry a few lenghts of 6mm braided polyprop in my pocket,use it to tie roes legs together and like to replace beastly old baler twine on farmers gates,creates a good impression i think.

Old nylon stockings are good for tying things up, black fishnet for week-ends and bog standard brown for week days.
It is getting harder to find them tho these days but now and again tights can be found instead, mind you, they are also quite handy too, so long as the crutch isn't missing.
The legs can be tied off and the upper peice used as a sack for holding alsorts of things.

Just noticed your By- line!........ Fu***n' hilarious~! would that be 10 gauge two & a quarter ounces each tube BB's?

Haha!

Whatever happens to be available!

I was asked at work by a non shooting person why shotguns have two barrels and the first word out of my mouth was 'Jedward'.

Back