Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 6 point sika stag 2 shots!

6 point sika stag 2 shots!

like a boss...

Well done, Hardy little B##ds. A little easier to fit in Pug though

surely at 60yds the shot of choice would have been an upper neck shot as he turned and held his head eyeballing the shooter?

you cant tell where the shot comes from but I am not sure how he can see "behind the shoulder" as the animal has it's arse pointing directly at him rather than quartering to allow a shoulder entry and brisket exit
    Last edited by bewsher500; 28-10-2012 at 11:19.

no way chancing a neck shot off sticks at 60, going behind the shoulder at that angle was the best (and most ethically sound) shot to smash into the cavity taking out at least one front leg. I was amazed the beast got up because the deer was hit well through the cavity from the first shot but the second sorted it out anyway. Both bullets were recovered just under the skin on the exit paths. Camera was to the right so the rifle's line of sight was better.

It's always better to bury a bullet safe than try trick shots.
    Last edited by Paul at Fechan; 28-10-2012 at 12:34.

I am glad you were quick Paul as it looked like it might get going a bit that would have been a difficult find in the sitka

Good shooting bud, with a good follow up shot.

nutty

Speaking purely personally I think I would have waited to see if he'd turn a bit more (and taken it on the chin if he ran off instead), but an impressive follow up shot for sure!

Alex

deer went in the puggy fine but the back box got ripped off on the way down the track after I smacked it of a rock

Quote Originally Posted by paul at barony View Post
    deer went in the puggy fine but the back box got ripped off on the way down the track after I smacked it of a rock
    Where's the Trooper, not more window problems??

Quality shooting and a great follow up. narrow window of oportunity Job done cheers Hootsman
    Just Shoot The F..king Thing!