Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I have joined the club

I have joined the club

I just came back from my DSC level 1 examination I did with BDS here in the north west of England and I am thrilled to report that I have been told I passed. Now I have to wait for the official certificate through the post. I plan to begin with my level 2 ASAP. Happy days!

Well done mate keeping going now for 2

Mr C And mr B run a good 4 day course

Djc

To what end. Are you planning to join an FC syndicate?.

I did the Dsc 1 years ago and it has served no purpose whatsoever. The syndicates that now require Dsc2 all seem to be way to expensive for my liking also, so I am not in a hurry to do that now either. I thougght about it this year, but tbh, it just seems to be money making for the sake of money making.

Hi I did my L1 with basc it all about making friends. I now have L2 & also in a syndicate with people that I did my L1 with.
    So well done & keep going you will get there all the best

well done ,i did mine few weeks back and i learnt alot and really enjoyed the whole course ,i think if your serious about a sport you try and be the best you can at i think formal training certainly helps

Thanks guys. Rake Aboot, I just did it because I want to be as proficient, knowledgeable and informed about what I am doing as I can. I think it helped me a lot, and in the process I met some very nice people with which I hope to keep in touch and maybe become friends with. That's all...

Quote Originally Posted by Psyxologos View Post
    Thanks guys. Rake Aboot, I just did it because I want to be as proficient, knowledgeable and informed about what I am doing as I can. I think it helped me a lot, and in the process I met some very nice people with which I hope to keep in touch and maybe become friends with. That's all...
    I can appreciate that, but you would have been better spending the money on a couple of stalks. You would have learned more and met much more relevant people.

I have a friend that did not take up L1 he is to old now & can not get stalking for love or money .
    L1 & L2 is the way forward with out it you take your chance.Farmers are now asking for L2 & insurance etc.

Quote Originally Posted by big_dog View Post
    I have a friend that did not take up L1 he is to old now & can not get stalking for love or money .
    L1 & L2 is the way forward with out it you take your chance.Farmers are now asking for L2 & insurance etc.
    Don't follow the too old bit. My Dad did his DSC 1/2 in his mid '70's and he's still stalking and learning, more than ten years later. Regards JCS

Quote Originally Posted by big_dog View Post
    Said farmers could go and whistle mate !.