Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: tikka v sako

tikka v sako

Im thinking of getting a sako85 , would that be the choice over say a tikka , will be in 223 and my 3rd choice is a cz , am i on the right track .

the tikka will shoot just as well as the sako the difference is the sako is a quality build ie metal mag and better stock and a three position safety

Don't think you will be dissapointed in either to be honest if you have the money then go with the sako if not if you can find a tidy sako 75 they are great rifles!

Sako all day long for sure!!!!!!!!

As has been said the Tikka will do the same as he 85, I have had both but currently have the Tikka what you have to ask yourself is it worth the extra 600+ I don't think so but if you have the money then go for it but the Tikka will do all the Sako can, I no quite a few people who have the Tikka's and never had any problems people talk about the polymer mags but I've never heard of anybody having a problem with them breaking wearing out etc no doubt somebody will come along and say they have but there we go, so my choice would be the Tikka put the money towards decent glass, but if monies not an issue the the 85......

I have a couple of sako 85's in 6.5 x 55 and 7mm-08 a friend has the tikka in 6.5 and whilst both are excellent and shoot well straight from the box, I would recommend the sako if you can afford it

Get the sako 85 thats in sale section in 223 cal.
    All the plus points at tikka price! Can't go wrong

Quote Originally Posted by MONGOOSE View Post
    As has been said the Tikka will do the same as he 85, I have had both but currently have the Tikka what you have to ask yourself is it worth the extra 600+ I don't think so but if you have the money then go for it but the Tikka will do all the Sako can, I no quite a few people who have the Tikka's and never had any problems people talk about the polymer mags but I've never heard of anybody having a problem with them breaking wearing out etc no doubt somebody will come along and say they have but there we go, so my choice would be the Tikka put the money towards decent glass, but if monies not an issue the the 85......
    +1
    I have two tikkas both second hand. Both spot on! The 30-06 shoots very well indeed.

Thanks everyone , i guess its the sako (i think) and worry about the money later ,