tikka v sako

bongo

Im thinking of getting a sako85 , would that be the choice over say a tikka , will be in 223 and my 3rd choice is a cz , am i on the right track .

the tikka will shoot just as well as the sako the difference is the sako is a quality build ie metal mag and better stock and a three position safety

Don't think you will be dissapointed in either to be honest if you have the money then go with the sako if not if you can find a tidy sako 75 they are great rifles!

As has been said the Tikka will do the same as he 85, I have had both but currently have the Tikka what you have to ask yourself is it worth the extra £600+ I don't think so but if you have the money then go for it but the Tikka will do all the Sako can, I no quite a few people who have the Tikka's and never had any problems people talk about the polymer mags but I've never heard of anybody having a problem with them breaking wearing out etc no doubt somebody will come along and say they have but there we go, so my choice would be the Tikka put the money towards decent glass, but if monies not an issue the the 85......

I have a couple of sako 85's in 6.5 x 55 and 7mm-08 a friend has the tikka in 6.5 and whilst both are excellent and shoot well straight from the box, I would recommend the sako if you can afford it

Get the sako 85 thats in sale section in 223 cal.
All the plus points at tikka price! Can't go wrong

As has been said the Tikka will do the same as he 85, I have had both but currently have the Tikka what you have to ask yourself is it worth the extra £600+ I don't think so but if you have the money then go for it but the Tikka will do all the Sako can, I no quite a few people who have the Tikka's and never had any problems people talk about the polymer mags but I've never heard of anybody having a problem with them breaking wearing out etc no doubt somebody will come along and say they have but there we go, so my choice would be the Tikka put the money towards decent glass, but if monies not an issue the the 85......

+1
I have two tikkas both second hand. Both spot on! The 30-06 shoots very well indeed.

I "upgraded" from a Tikka T3 .243 to a Sako 75 6.5x55mm...

It was more driven by calibre choice, but finding it in the Sako I spent the little bit extra required.

Both great rifles from the same stable, so you'll enjoy either

having owned and/or shot all three I can comfortably say I would opt for the CZ527 .223 any day. nice and light with a single stack mag and single set trigger, but most enjoyably, the microlength mauser action. the 75 is wonderful too, but much heavier and I don't believe it offers a microlength action either, the stock is also much 'stockier', although it is arguably the best shaped stock on the market today.

just a note, I paid £200 for my CZ527 .223 with bipod and canvas sling, it's in great condition and crisp rifling, sit a zeiss 3-9X36 on top for £180 and you're in business from Scottish Roe, to crows, fox, etc. all including bases for around £400 :)

To be honest buying a rifle is no different to buying a car. They all drive some are sportier than others and some have a better standard spec. After you have chosen you desired cal the next most important thing is your choise of optic, the make of rifle although important from a pride of ownership point of view is less important than the other two.
i own a few rifles one being a Tikka T3 and and also a Sako 75. From he pride of ownership point of view I prefer the 75 however the t3 in 223 is just as accurate as the .243 75 it just doesn't feel as good in the hand.

Hope that helps

To be honest buying a rifle is no different to buying a car. They all drive some are sportier than others and some have a better standard spec. After you have chosen you desired cal the next most important thing is your choise of optic, the make of rifle although important from a pride of ownership point of view is less important than the other two.
i own a few rifles one being a Tikka T3 and and also a Sako 75. From he pride of ownership point of view I prefer the 75 however the t3 in 223 is just as accurate as the .243 75 it just doesn't feel as good in the hand.

Hope that helps

Spot on prometheus, though I have never owned a Sako I have used one on the odd occasion, and see no

difference in accuracy between the two, other than cosmetic's. (aesthetically pleasing to the eye)

and slightly better build quality. One would not be disappointed in whichever you choose. !

Rgds, Buck.

Bongo,

The Sako vs Tikka debate has been done a few times so if you do a search you'll find some threads.

The only thing an 85 can do that a T3 can't is open the bolt with the safety catch on. There are differences in design and materials used, but these don't make any difference to accuracey or usability.

I suggest you'd be pleased with either.

Cheers,

Bob

Once you start thinking about and questioning which to get the only real answer is to find somewhere with both on the shelf and go and try. I've a sako 85 and am very pleased with it, I've used a mates t3 super varmint and it shoots very well but the plastic and weight did put me off. However I might be looking for a .223 in the not too distant future and may well get one for foxing as the weight will be less of an issue. Though if a laminate 85 crops up I might change my mind.

couldn't do any better with a sako than with my t3 varmint.... but if you like a better looking rifle the sako is worth the investment

Back