Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pulsar Digisight N750 Night Vision Riflescope, anybody use them

Pulsar Digisight N750 Night Vision Riflescope, anybody use them

Have been thinking about a night vision scope for my .22lr or 17 hmr

I know little about what is available but have had a look at the Pulsar Digisight N750 Night Vision Riflescope. can anyone tell me what they are like

is it worth the extra to buy this rather than the 550,

Should I consider a different unit with a budget of 1-2,000 pounds

what else would I need to buy

i thought the magnification was not great with this unit ??

any thoughts or advice most welcome

cheers doc

For the price I think they are currently unbeatable, with decent IR and an optical doubler they are as good as Gen 3 in my opinion. N750 certainly worth the extra dosh over an N550. Standard mag is x4.5 but the N750 has a built digital doubler which is OK but not great, compared to the x1.7 optical unit.

For use on a rimfire you don't really have to have a doubler but will still need good IR, the Nightmaster 800IR from Taclight is currently the king of the crop and with one mounted you will be able to see much further than you can shoot with an HMR.

There is a lot of good add ons on the market just now which you would be able to take on and off of your normal day scope. The archer is a good example and i think there about 1300 just now. Doesnt really matter if its a dedicated nv rig you are after but just a though.

Have to say am now leaning towards the Archer as it will fit onto my scopes so dont have to have a dedicated rifle, anybody have anything bad (or good) to say about them

archer awesum as long as you have a good scope to put it on it has to be paralax you only shooting 17hmr or 22 go for the pulsar my brother has one with doubler he gets on well with it atb stu

N750 with good IR offers a much better picture than any Archer I have looked through but all will work well at rimfire ranges.

I've had a NV550 on my .17 for a couple of years and getting good results. A pal of mine has upgraded from the 550 and bought 2 NV750s for his .17 & 22-250 he is having a devastating effect on the local fox population. Definitely better picture than the NV550 (plenty 550's turning up on e-bay at present), make sure you get the external battery.
    Article in this weeks shooting times report a new system on the market next month for less than 500!!

Pete

Has anybody used both the archer and pulsar systems, if so which gives the better picture ??

must admit I like the idea of leaving my scopes where they are and sticking the archer on the end rather than dedicating a rifle to the pulsar

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyR View Post
    For the price I think they are currently unbeatable, with decent IR and an optical doubler they are as good as Gen 3 in my opinion. N750 certainly worth the extra dosh over an N550. Standard mag is x4.5 but the N750 has a built digital doubler which is OK but not great, compared to the x1.7 optical unit.

For use on a rimfire you don't really have to have a doubler but will still need good IR, the Nightmaster 800IR from Taclight is currently the king of the crop and with one mounted you will be able to see much further than you can shoot with an HMR.
    How would the Nightmaster fit on the rail of my N550? Have they made a mounting system? Needs to adjust doesn't it?

Doc youtube is your friend here the pulsars are easy to record from so have plenty of footage available and starlight have some on their website as well of the archer.