270 Weatherby

280 REM

7mm REM MAG

300 WIN MAG

300 Weatherby Mag

338 WIN MAG

375 H&H MAG

416 REM MAG

This one is mostly 444 Marlin's (think there 24 or 25 of them in there) , also a Marlin 45-70 , a Marlin 44 MAG . My Mannlicher Schoenauer 308 , Remington Model 7 in 260 REM and I think my pair of Savage bolt action rifled 12 and 20 gauge sluggers .

These last two pics are of the same safe .
    It contains a good many period muzzle loaders from the Civil War and before as well as most all of our double shotguns . A couple M1 Carbines and any number of other things !

Some pics of 444's with deer I've taken in the last several years !
    Most all of these were killed with bullets I cast myself also !

The fifth picture below is of a doe I killed with my first 6.5-06 on a Mauser 98 action .

This one was with a Marlin in 375 WIN also using a home cast bullet .

More with the 444 and cast bullets !

This was the first deer ever killed with the Ranch Dog 432-350GC cast bullet . Shot this one during damage control shooting about 4 years ago .

Shot this one with a Marlin 45-70 shooting a home cast bullet . Most all these deer were killed on my property behind my home . This is probably the nicest whitetail I've ever taken .

Run of the mill buck taken during ML season with the Savage 10ML-II 50 cal .

Two more I killed in about 30 seconds with another 444 shooting my home cast bullets .

Last edited by 6pt-sika; 29-10-2012 at 00:05.

The thing that strikes me - no moderators? My hearing is too important to shoot a rifle without one. Not stalking with ear defenders on.

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

Some more pics .

Buck I killed with the 98 Mauser 6.5-06

Two Sika hinds from 2010 on the Blackwater NWR used a Savage 220 bolt action rifled 20 gauge slugger

Sika hind from 2009 on the Blackwater killed with the Savage 50 cal ML .

Whitetail doe from 2009 also on the Blackwater killed with the Savage 220 20 gauge .

Mannlicher Schoenauer 308 with a doe I killed a couple years back .

Six point Sika stag I killed in 1999 with my Knight Disc Rifle 50 cal ML .

My best 6 point Sika stag I killed in 2005 on the Blackwater with my Savage 210F 12 gauge bolt action rifled slug gun shooting the Winchester Partition Gold Sabot slugs .

My maternal grnadfathers old W&C Scott 10 gauge damascus gun , killed this doe at 25 yards with my handload of 12 "00" Buck pellets .

About a week later we were doing a late year dove hunt and I was using the W&C Scott 10 gauge again .

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    The thing that strikes me - no moderators? My hearing is too important to shoot a rifle without one. Not stalking with ear defenders on.
    I worked this past spring with a trio of 308's and a 223 all suppressed , and all shooting sub sonic . Thing you don't understand is that it's a ROYAL PITA to get a tax stamp to buy a suppressor in the USA !

Here are some pics of some the suppressed guns I worked with this spring and summer .

Remington 700 TAC in 223

Savage Model 11 Hog Hunter in 308

Howa 1500 308 without suppressor attached and with a 10 shot mag .

Group pic , M1A Springfield , Howa 1500 308 , Savage Hog Hunter 308 , Remington TAC's in 223 and 308 all for subsonic stuff .

6pt.
    Nice photo's, thanks for posting them. You have some fine Firearms. Would be nice to live with your gun laws.

Yorkie.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post

Quite frankly I don't want threads on the end of every rifle I own . I buy and sell quite a bit and that will kill the collector value and resale value of a good many of them .

And furthermore it's illegal in most states in the USA to use a suppressed rifle . We can use them during the damage control shooting but not the regular hunting season in many states .

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkie View Post
    6pt.
    Nice photo's, thanks for posting them. You have some fine Firearms. Would be nice to live with your gun laws.

Yorkie.
    Except for a Black cloud we have living ina White House in Washington DC it's overall pretty nice living in this country . I've spent a small amount of time in South Korea and Japan both of which seemed nice enough but not there long enough to look into the gun stuff . I have spent a great deal more time in the Philippines and while it isn't the easiest thing in the world or the most inexpensive but typically I can get most anything there I can get here it will just take longer and cost 2 to 3 times as much .

I realize this isn't the exactly correct spot for this , But anyway this is something else i used to be quite involved in !

I used to have two odl steam traction engines and a portable steam engine . Also a couple old steel wheeled tractors and 5 or 6 old single cylinder double flywheel pop op engines .

This is a picture of the circa 1914 16-48 HP Frick traction engine I first purchased in 1981 . Took me about 6 months to reflue it myself redo the plumbing etc . I sold it about 1990 to a friend who still has it and this was taken at a show about 3 years ago .

I bought this old Frick first and about 9 months later I bought a circa 1915 Frick that was about 14-40 HP . The bore and stroke on the one above was 8 1/2x10 while the smaller one was 8x10 . A year or two later I bought a Frick portable engine that was circa 1913 this thing had a bore and stroke of 5x8 and was about 20 HP I would imagine .

My old single cylinder gas engines were all made by the New Holland company and were from approx the same time period as my Frick engines .