Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great day with malc

Great day with malc

So yesterday myself and a friend of mine went down to malcs Sussex permission to try for some fallow pickets and sorrels . I woke up at 4:30 and got my kit together . For the first time this season the long johns were on and I lit the handwarmer as my first session was in a high seat . We got to malcs and met him outside his lodge and he took me to the seat while him and my friend stalked . I saw 2 does and could here a buck having a bit of a grunt , but by 9am no shots had presented themselves . So I chiseled my toes/ice blocks off the highseat and met the guys back at the truck .
    Malc and Roley had had a good morning , they'd got onto a couple of sorrels but the wind was making the stalking challenging and no shots were taken . And despite the fact I'd froze , my time in the seat had gone quickly and I'd enjoyed myself . We went back to malc and Sandra's lodge and they both cooked us a breakfast fit for a king ! We eat well and enjoyed the warm room and chatted for a couple of hours .

In the afternoon it was my turn to stalk so we dropped Roley of at the high sat and made our way to where malc had heard rutting bucks . As we arrived we saw 2 does in the woodland immediately , and this seemed to set the tone , there were does everywhere and indeed the next time we stopped to wait for a buck it was does that we're in the sights once more . If this had been me I doubt I'd of had the patience and would have stalked on , but malc held us there , thinking that these does may call a young pricket out to graze with them .
    Sure enough malc was right and a small pricket appeared 160 yards away on the edge of the woodland . For a moment he looked as though he may disappear over the hill but he came back our way , bringing the does with him . On malcs say so I took the shot at about 120yards and he flipped about a bit and dropped on the spot . Malcs dog saw that he wasn't going anywhere as we approached ! We dragged it back to the hedge and malc talked me through the gralloch . After dragging it back to the field we had another quick stalk through some woodland , again seeing does but no bucks . We picked Roley up who had got onto a good mature buck , but left him as we were only here for prickets and sorrels . However he had been really chuffed with how his day had gone .

Id had a really great day and so had my friend , malc is a truly interesting bloke who is kind calm and considerate towards a novice like me , I really enjoyed seeing him work his dog who is brilliant by the way ! This was my first ever fallow deer and the 3rd species I've shot this year . We relly enjoyed ourselves so thank you . And anyone looking to do a bit of fallow stalking won't go far wrong with him . There are loads of deer about ! Thanks again malc , will be booking with you again .

Nice write up and well done. Glad you enjoyed yourself and the old boy looked after you, Andy and Wadas will be jealous they never go to the "lodge"

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Well done mate great to get a beast on the ground but to be in amongst deer is also great.

Thanks Andy. Good to meet you and Roley at last, after one or two phone conversations in the past about deer etc. Plenty of Fallow showing at present, and I am very happy you got your first Fallow.

This past weekend should have seen one or two more in the larder, but they were either too good to shoot, or very lucky deer as we had several at the point of the trigger nearly being pulled. But thats stalking

Like I told you, there are only two kinds of deer, quick ones and dead ones

Look forward to seeing you both again in the near future.

ATB

Malc and Sandra, plus Todd and Kizzy.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

"Id had a really great day and so had my friend , malc is a truly interesting bloke who is kind calm and considerate towards a novice like me , I really enjoyed seeing him work his dog who is brilliant by the way "

Sounds like you had a typical trip to Malc's place mate
    Good write up!
    Ta
    Geo
    I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel, but it was only some fecker with a torch bringing me more work

Quote Originally Posted by Hexon View Post
    A good write up
    Introduction PLEASE!!
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

Quote Originally Posted by JAYB View Post
    Nice write up and well done. Glad you enjoyed yourself and the old boy looked after you, Andy and Wadas will be jealous they never go to the "lodge"

John
    LODGE ????? That must be the big house next to the Hovel aka thunder box cottage Great write up, glad you had a great time.

Quote Originally Posted by tika.308 View Post
    LODGE ????? That must be the big house next to the Hovel aka thunder box cottage Great write up, glad you had a great time.

Ha ha ha cheers mate

Quote Originally Posted by Acm View Post
    So yesterday myself and a friend of mine went down to malcs Sussex permission to try for some fallow pickets and sorrels .
    Well done. I was there the day before and walked away empty handed. It was bloody freezing. All for the sake of the buck not lining up cleanly and a branch exactly in the way of where I would have wanted the bullet to go. But excellent day out.
    And a great breakfast as well.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .