Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tonight BBC2 Venison & Deer Management

Tonight BBC2 Venison & Deer Management

Tonight BBC 2 19:00 Great British food Revival

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01nrg1m

Passionate cook Valentine Warner has been deer stalking since he was twenty
    years old and he cannot understand why we don't eat more of this plentiful,
    sustainable, free range meat. He goes stalking with a countryside ranger as well
    as finding out how a Lincolnshire culling initiative gets all its meat back into
    the food chain. He's delighted to track down a like-minded educational project
    which wants to democratise venison and make people realise it is not a food just
    for the elite. Finally, Valentine goes back to the classroom as a whole deer is
    taken into a Nottingham school for the children to skin, butcher,cook and eat.

Blog Entries
    This is the kind of thing the sport really needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Lewis View Post
    Tonight BBC 2 19:00 Great British food Revival

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01nrg1m

Passionate cook Valentine Warner has been deer stalking since he was twenty
    years old and he cannot understand why we don't eat more of this plentiful,
    sustainable, free range meat. He goes stalking with a countryside ranger as well
    as finding out how a Lincolnshire culling initiative gets all its meat back into
    the food chain. He's delighted to track down a like-minded educational project
    which wants to democratise venison and make people realise it is not a food just
    for the elite. Finally, Valentine goes back to the classroom as a whole deer is
    taken into a Nottingham school for the children to skin, butcher,cook and eat.
    I am going to record that Dave!!

Did anyone see Martin Clunes stalking on the telly last week?.... that was an anti-climax if ever there was one

He was quite relieved that no shot was taken.
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Excellent thanks for the heads up, working 2nite but sky plus record button will do the job nicely!!

Quote Originally Posted by Si View Post
    Did anyone see Martin Clunes stalking on the telly last week?.... that was an anti-climax if ever there was one

He was quite relieved that no shot was taken.
    Never going to be an unbiassed presentation with that attitude..

Why do knobs like that even bother if thats how they feel
    Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...

My company, The Station, made all the graphics for this programme (title sequence and animations throughout). Just thought I'd share. I tried to watch Episode 2 (Raspberries and Rabbit) the other week, which while it had some quite interesting history included, I found Clarissa Dickson Wright infuriating.

You should have stuck with it fella, I agree she is a frustrating woman, but the prog was excellent
    .308, because if I want to watch something run away, I'll take my dog for a walk.

Thanks for the heads'up sky+'d it

Quote Originally Posted by hughsurrey View Post
    You should have stuck with it fella, I agree she is a frustrating woman, but the prog was excellent
    I did watch most of it, but managed to find time to make a cup of tea during the extended University caffeteria section. We all knew not many people would eat the rabbit. Although I didn't know rabbit was still cullinarily common in Portugal today. I used to eat a lot of them (rabbits, not Portuguese) as a 70s child in Australia, and my Ukrainian wife's family had their own hutch for breeding their winter dinners for many years. I can't say I'm mystified by people's attitudes towards game today, as urban society has moved so far from the roots of production and most fare has become much more santitised