Thread: Boar trip to france with stalking in england ltd

Boar trip to france with stalking in england ltd

Well what a busy season it has been, but very interestingall the same.
    We sorted out a trip to one of our reserves for a team puttogether and including John Robson from Yorkshire roe.

Normally we drive but on this occasion we were asked couldthe team fly in. This created its own problems in that some airlines do nottake guns and others do not land at the airport where we needed to get to, tobe close to the shoot. Between David andmy self we organised hotel accommodation at CDG airport and coach travel to theshoot. Travel by coach on the Paris Northern periphery was always going to beexciting but in the rush hour proved to be a little more than that.

We arrived at Le Parc de Baville, Saint Cheron and after thesafety talk and introductions we were on our way to the first drive. It is awonderful area and the Château nestled in the park land sets the scene for awonderful day.

We were short of guns so it made driving the boar difficultfor the team of beaters but boar were seen and came though the line and wereshot and missed. John shot a good male on the Second drive which Sue managed tocapture on film. Full bore rifles going off in quick succession and the hunting horns together with the dogs flushing the boar make for a very exciting experience.

Three drives in the morning and off to lunch at the stables of the Château where we had a 4 course lunch and wine as well as coffee andthen out again to the shoot.

After more sport and 4 drives later the horn was sounded toend the last drive of the day. Were turned to the larder and the tableau was being arranged, congratulations for the guns , photos and the tromp de chasse together with horse guards. The bagended up as 19 boar and 4 fallow so 23 head in total.

The Coach was waiting at the Château so we took the gunsback and loaded their equipment onto the coach and bid our farewells.

It was 6.00pm David and I were shattered and after coffee with our hosts we left for the drive home. Taking the shuttle we arrived back in Norfolk at 5.00am on Friday morning. What a 48 hours.

We are now not only the sole UK agents for Garenne and Baconnes but also for Le Parc de Baville.

John has placed 2 videos on the SD videos section so if you would like to see what it is all about have a look at THE WHOLE HOG. Thanks tojohn for putting the team together for this day who were a credit to be with both in manner and the safety of the shooting. Yann The parc owner passes onhis regards to you all.

We have dates available in the wild boar available section of the SD and can take individuals or whole teams.

Not only that but a tailor made trip can be arranged if required for whole teams, so if you have a group of friends who would like tohave a go at the boar with us please get in touch. Teams can start at 10 and goto 24 guns. Also have a look at our website and click on Boar for more details or PM me your address and I will send you a DVD of one of the shoots.

Please also have a look at the photos.

Regards

Mark
    Attachment 20873Attachment 20874Attachment 20880Attachment 20875Attachment 20876Attachment 20877Attachment 20878Attachment 20879

Testimonial.

Mark

A slightly belated note to say thank you for a wonderful day last week. You & David must have worked extremely hard to make the it happen & I really appreciate your efforts on my behalf. Forgive my cheek but there can be no doubt that the location itself did a lot of work for you! It was quite simply breath taking. I'm not sure how old the hunting ground was but my guess would be about as old as the house itself. The idea that we were treading in the 400 year old footsteps of the French aristocracy added a very special magic to what was already a fabulous day. You even managed to make the weather behave. On top of everything else was that biblical lunch. My usual shooting lunch menu of a stale porkpie, a limp ham sandwich & a bag of crisps is going to look pretty pathetic next to that astonishing spread.

Will you please pass on my thanks to David, I was not able to get his email address I'm afraid. His patience in translating for us all day was remarkable. I'll be he slept like a baby on Thursday night!! If you can, please also send my thanks to the folk in France.

If you get a minute could you please supply me with the name of the place we were at? My wife is sick & tired of me banging on about it & would like to know where I actually was!?!

Best regards

Robin

Last edited by stalkinginengland; 29-10-2012 at 15:22.
    STALKING. WILD BOAR IN FRANCE. SOLE UK AGENT FOR BACONNES DOMAINE DE CHASSE. TRAINING. DSC 1 COURSES AND DSC 2 WITNESSING. FIRST AID FOR STALKERS.
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
    www.stalkinginengland.co.uk Stalkers online shop at www.deerstalkingequipmentandclothing.co.uk
    www.hunteurope.co.uk or contact 01728 745066 during office hours.

good write up mark sounds like everything went to plan good luck on many more boar shootingto france

Quote Originally Posted by aweeman View Post
    good write up mark sounds like everything went to plan good luck on many more boar shootingto france
    Thank you Andy, we need to get you over there next

Mark
    STALKING. WILD BOAR IN FRANCE. SOLE UK AGENT FOR BACONNES DOMAINE DE CHASSE. TRAINING. DSC 1 COURSES AND DSC 2 WITNESSING. FIRST AID FOR STALKERS.
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
    www.stalkinginengland.co.uk Stalkers online shop at www.deerstalkingequipmentandclothing.co.uk
    www.hunteurope.co.uk or contact 01728 745066 during office hours.

It was a great day!

On top of organising the all day, translating for every body and taking care of the team; I've manage to shoot 3 BOARS, with my old side by side ! The best boar was over 60
    yards. It was the first time that, I've shot a board at that distance with a 12 gage.

I'm impatient to be in January for the other shoot

Anybody who feel tempted, contact us, you'll love it !