Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Manchurian Sika

Manchurian Sika

Hi.

I am looking for some Manchurian Sika stalking in uk, is there anyone that can help me with some detales and contacts.

Regards
    Gordon

I have access to some very good heads, but on a park. There are a few areas I believe that have wild Manchurian in the UK, but what the status is for stalking succesfully I am unsure. There were I believe a population in the Ribble Valley area.

Drop me a PM if you are interested in a trophy head or culling.

Regards

Sikamalc
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

There is definitely a wild population of Manchurian Sika in the Forest of Bowland and Ribble Valley - Sporting Rifle did a write up on the stalking there late last year.

Adam.

Malc is right, I live in the Ribble Valley and have Manchurian Sika on my ground, see "weather Witch" Photos my better half takes cracking pics.

Phil

I was led to believe the sika in the Forest of Bowland were of Japanese origin.

My mate shot are very nice stag which was silver medal and when it was measured the nose bone was measured confirming Japanese, and they do have the Japanese configuration of their antlers not wide like the Manchurian.

I was also sent a picture of a phenomenal stag shot from there this rut and it looks very Japanese, the quality of the stags in the area seems to be exceptional.

Moose

Moose
    If you look at some of the cracking photos Phil and his wife have taken of the sika in velvet you'll see by it's reddish colour that they are indeed Manchurian here. (Japanese have black velvet) There are indeed some fantastic stags in the area thanks to the years of selective culling of men like Phil.
    Gordon
    To my knowledge the only people here who historically have regularily let (accompanied) stag stalking is the FC at Gisburn Forest. There has been a lot of staff and boundary changes recently and a new ranger is now in place so not sure of the current situation but best to contact the new area Wildlife Manager based at Kileder Philip on philip.spottiswood@forestry.gsi.gov.uk
    ATB
    Nick

I see in this month's Sporting Rifle magazine Dominic Griffith believes the head he measured recently from Lancashire is a Japanese sika, unlikely. Moose, was this the one you were referring too out of interest?

This is the aforementioned sika stag I shot which is Japanese.............

Hi Foxhunter
    A cracking head indeed. Out of interest what makes you think it is Japanese?
    Thanks
    Nick

My mate shot are very nice stag which was silver medal and when it was measured the nose bone was measured confirming Japanese, and they do have the Japanese configuration of their antlers not wide like the Manchurian.

As quoted above from Moose.....