Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saturdays hunt

Saturdays hunt

Hi All

We had a couple of lads off the SD out on Saturday Stu (Ezzy 6.5) and Ross (R.Atkinson).

Still some rutting activity going on with some grunting in the woods.

We failed to get Ross a buck Andy took him to an area where we knew there was a good buck rutting but just had a stack of does come out.

Stu sat on his own and shot a lame black buck which we had seen earlier in the afternoon.

I sat in another spot with Max and at very last light had a deer come down the track not ten yards from Max and the bottom of the seat.
    It was very very lame on the back end but it was that dark I needed the binos to id it even at that range. After a quick glance I spotted some antlers grabbed the rifle and shot it with my Blaser K95 6.5x57r.
    With further inspection I was real glad I shot him his one leg was healed but very crippled I'd say he had been in a fence for some time.
    His stomach was full but he was very thin and light for that age of animal.
    So nearly a perfect night, sorry Ross we will try harder next time.

Wayne

Wayne, why does your camera make me look like uncle fester from the Adams family? (don't answer that). The head off the Buck is boiling away right now. It took me a day or two to get geared up for a Fallow and I've got to get it done before mother in law comes back from spain and realises her stock pot is missing.
    Ross, it was nice to meet you and I hope you have better luck next time.

Cheers lads, see you all soon. Ezzy

Nice going lads.

Looks a good buck Ezzy.

What bullets did you settle for in the end for the K95 Wayne?

Jon

Well done Stu & Wayne, great results
    andy

Quote Originally Posted by ezzy6.5 View Post
    Wayne, why does your camera make me look like uncle fester from the Adams family? (don't answer that). The head off the Buck is boiling away right now. It took me a day or two to get geared up for a Fallow and I've got to get it done before mother in law comes back from spain and realises her stock pot is missing.

Ezzy; ref uncle fester, it is because sthey are related

Quote Originally Posted by ezzy6.5 View Post

Believe me I picked the best one

Uhhh, I love these fancy blue gloves!!!!
    Have to get me a pair of those, maybe I will have some more luck with my guests and clients wearing them??
    Congratulations again, I really wish to be as successfull with my friends as you are, my friend!
    See you soon in late November, wearing blue gloves.....
    Wait for the tales from the british lads having been here and showing up the next weeks....

Cheers

Michael
    People's hobbies are more their measure's than are their jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildboar1973 View Post
    Uhhh, I love these fancy blue gloves!!!!
    Have to get me a pair of those, maybe I will have some more luck with my guests and clients wearing them??
    Congratulations again, I really wish to be as successfull with my friends as you are, my friend!
    See you soon in late November, wearing blue gloves.....
    Wait for the tales from the british lads having been here and showing up the next weeks....

Cheers

Michael

We had just fetched the bucks back to the vehicles on the quad so I put them on to keep my hands warm and clean because like to pick my nose on the way home

Look foward to the write ups mate. Yep flights all booked hopefully that F**** sheep is on that meadow still I've got a score to settle with him.

Well done mate, when are you going to finish that single shot off with a T8 moderator?

Quote Originally Posted by Cumbrian 1 View Post
    Well done mate, when are you going to finish that single shot off with a T8 moderator?

WASH YOUR MOUTH OUT. i can't bring myself to do it