Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: .243 ackley improved reloading dies

.243 ackley improved reloading dies

Hi
    anyone got a set of these lying around

what make would you like
    Official Sponsor to Team GB F Class

bw - have you read of the following link: http://www.accurateshooter.com/cartridge-guides/243win/

“One thing that you need to watch for is what version of the .243 Improved that you have. This depends, for the most part, on whose reamer you will be using for the chambering of your barrel. It is easy to determine if your .243 Improved is the .243 Ackley Improved, or the .243 Winchester Improved. If you have the .243 Ackley Improved, the shoulder-body section will measure .460″ dia. at this point. If you have the .243 Winchester Improved, the shoulder-body section will measure .455″ diameter at this point.”

Which version of the Ackley do you have?

Regards JCS

I have an unused Redding .243AI body die if you need one. £22 posted.

Ive got a new redding mcomp seater £110
    Official Sponsor to Team GB F Class

Quote Originally Posted by bogwelly View Post
    Hi
    take a look on the bay if this price is anyhting to go buy http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Redding-30...item1c2489f987
    worth a message to see if he has any in 243 AI

i got my fireball dies from sinclairs. worked out cheaper then getting them here. and that was with the postage and tax ontop

Hi
    Following up on my earlier post. Given that each 243 Ackley is a one off, I got Hornady to make a custom full length resizing die for my 243 Ackley Improved and am very pleased with it. Regards JCS

the calibre is the .243 ackley not the winchester and its I believe a CIP reamer Spud is sorting me a set out for now which i may look to improve on later, i'll see how it goes
    i would be interested in more info on the custom made one ,who to speak to etc PM me costing if you dont want to broadcast it

the calibre is the .243 ackley not the winchester and its I believe a CIP reamer Spud is sorting me a set out for now which i may look to improve on later, i'll see how it goes
    i would be interested in more info on the custom made one ,who to speak to etc PM me costing if you dont want to broadcast it
    I would suggest e-Mailing Ben at Hornady for a current quote - bsyring@hornady.com It's not cheap, but for me it was the most cost effective route to go from my fired brass to an appropriate full length resizing die. Now that I am full length resizing, the feeding from the magazine is much smoother. In a competition, I had 2 misfeeds out of 12 rounds with the neck sized brass to give the feeding issue some context.

There are other dearer custom options out there, but given the limited life of a 243 Ackley, I felt the Hornady option was justified. Regards JCS
    Last edited by jcampbellsmith; 31-10-2012 at 12:11.